From 1992 to 1995, DeBono wrote more than 200 travel features for The Citrus County Chronicle. He also wrote travel features for Scuba News.
DeBono uses Gareth Blackmore as his nom de plume for some of his science fiction, horror, fantasy and comic writing. The name was first used in 1992 for the magazine Gareth Blackmore's Unusual Tales. Following that, Gareth Blackmore's stories were illustrated in Factual Illusions - a comic published by Alliance Comics and illustrated by comic artists Kyle Hotz and Armando Gil. DeBono also wrote sci-fi, horror and fantasy stories for other publications, including Vision, Midnight Zoo, and Enchanted Worlds.
DeBono created & published Indy - The Independent Comic Guide from 1993 to 1996. Alternative Comics publisher (and attorney) Jeff Mason took the publication over and "went digital" with http://www.indyworld.com, which is still published online. Indy ran for 18 issues with notable original covers by such alternative comics notables as Daniel Clowes, Tim Vigil, Drew Hayes, William Tucci and Jeff Smith (cartoonist).
From 1996 to 2001, DeBono wrote over 1000 investment-education features for a variety of banks and investment firms, including Chase, Charles Schwab, Travelers, Merrill Lynch, Farmers, and USAA. His investment-education writing has appeared in over 100 million copies worldwide.
DeBono wrote a novel entitled The One Who Would Be King under the Blackmore name (ISBN 0-9728902-1-1) in 2003.
DeBono created the Yahoo Group Worlds Of Fantasy, in 2003, which has thousands of members. The group published a collection of short stories into a trade paperback called Worlds Of Fantasy. The published authors were chosen by the group and the ratings on www.fantasyreaders.com.
DeBono created the Website FantasyReaders in 2002. Authors can promote their science fiction, fantasy and horror stories. Short stories and novel excerpts are posted on the site and readers can read and rate.
Three short stories appeared in 'Zharmae Publishing Press' Ends Of Man Anthology, published May, 2012.
- Arney, Pat (July 18, 1994). "HORROR-FICTION WRITER FOUNDS CREATIVE SOCIETY". Press of Atlantic City. Retrieved September 26, 2011.
25foot killer maneaters was published in Gareth Blackmore's Unusual Tales a 1992 anthology of horror stories ...
- Review Of Goblin Invasion in Fantasy Book Review.
- Review of The One Who Would Be King - Bookreview.com
- New Camp Horror Review of TOWWBK
- Libraries With DeBono's (a.k.a. Gareth Blackmore)Books.
- DeBono's Enchanted Worlds In The Michigan State University Special Collections Library.
- DeBono's Indy University Library Listing .
- 1983 Banished Words Poster. (DeBono: Lake Superior State College Banished Words For 1983.
- Worlds Of Fantasy Group & Trade Paperback Anthology Information
- Open Library Listing