|Member of the Idaho Senate|
from the 5th district
December 1, 2016 – December 1, 2018
|Preceded by||Dan Schmidt|
|Succeeded by||David Nelson|
|Born||1953 (age 65–66)|
|Alma mater||Bradley University|
Foreman introduced several bills to the legislature during his first weeks in office, including one that would "classify abortion as first-degree murder — for the mother, as well as the doctor who performs the operation — except in cases where the mother’s life is endangered." He also introduced a bill that would reduce Idaho's sales tax from 6% to 5%, as well as two other tax bills.
On February 20, 2018, State Senator Maryanne Jordan confirmed she had filed an ethics complaint against Foreman after an unverified Twitter account reportedly from Foreman indicated the students should discuss "killing babies" with her.
Foreman reportedly had been scheduled to meet with college students from the University of Idaho who were advocating for birth control and sex education. In addition, After cancelling the meeting at the last minute, Foreman was recorded yelling at the students as he passed them in the hallway, telling them, "abortion is murder."
Foreman has been a vocal critic of his own district, calling the area a "cesspool of liberalism."
Foreman was decisively thrown out of office in November 2018. Foreman got just 42% of the vote, while his opponent, democrat David Nelson, was supported by nearly 60% of voters.
- "Senator Dan Foreman (R)". Idaho Senate. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- "Dan Foreman's Biography". Project VoteSmart. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Prentice, George (November 9, 2016). "Election Results 2016: Net Losses for Democrats in Idaho Legislature". Boise Weekly. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Quinn, Shanon; Hager, Tom (November 9, 2016). "Jordan, Nilsson Troy re-elected, Schmidt defeated". Moscow-Pullman Daily News. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Russell, Betsy Z. (November 9, 2016). "Another upset in a legislative race, as Sen. Schmidt apparently narrowly loses to GOP challenger". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Spence, William L. (January 11, 2017). "Idaho lawmaker would charge women who have abortions with murder". Idaho Statesman. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Prentice, George (January 13, 2017). "More Idaho GOP Fireworks: Senate Mulling Challenged Election and Freshman Senator Wants to Make Abortion First-Degree Murder". Boise Weekly. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Malloy, Chuck (March 15, 2017). "He might as well start constituent letters with, 'Dear Stupid'". The Idaho Press-Tribune. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Russell, Betsy Z. (February 12, 2017). "Idaho Sen. Foreman says he thinks climate change is a liberal 'scam'". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Spence, William L. (February 11, 2017). "Climate change is liberal 'scam,' according to GOP lawmaker". Lewiston Morning Tribune. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- "ID State Senate 05 2016". Our Campaigns. Retrieved August 1, 2017.