Daniel Thomas Frazer
November 20, 1921
New York City, U.S.
|Died||December 16, 2011 (aged 90)|
New York City, U.S.
|Spouse||Lillian Lee Bogsett (m. 1943-1999; her death)|
Daniel Thomas Frazer (November 20, 1921 – December 16, 2011) was an American actor, born in a West Side neighborhood (formerly known as Hell's Kitchen) of Manhattan in New York City. He was probably best known for his role as Captain Frank McNeil, the former partner turned supervisor of Theo Kojak, Telly Savalas's character, in the 1970s TV police drama Kojak. His screen career started in 1950. Frazer served in the Special Services division of the United States Army during World War II, where he got exposure to theatrical writing and directing.
His TV appearances include The Phil Silvers Show, Car 54, Where Are You?, The Untouchables, Route 66, Blue Light, The F.B.I., Barney Miller, The Eddie Capra Mysteries, and Law & Order. His first film role was in 1963's Lilies of the Field, playing Father Murphy. In his later years, Frazer appeared as detective Dan McCloskey on the daytime soap As the World Turns.
- The Andy Griffith Show (1961) - Mr. Harmon
- Lilies of the Field (1963) - Father Murphy
- Lord Love a Duck (1966) - Honest Joe
- Counterpoint (1967) - Chaminant
- Take the Money and Run (1969) - Julius Epstein - The Psychiatrist
- ...tick...tick...tick... (1970) - Ira Jackson
- Bananas (1971) - Priest
- Fuzz (1972) - Lt. Amos Byrnes
- The Stoolie (1972) - Police Sgt. Alex Brogan
- Kojak (1973-1978, TV Series) - Capt. Frank McNeil / Chief of Detectives (117 episodes)
- Cleopatra Jones (1973) - Crawford
- The Super Cops (1974) - Police Capt. Irving Krasna
- Breakout (1975) - U.S. Customs Agent (uncredited)
- The Waltons (1981 episode "The Move") - Col. Henry Brunson (Cindy Walton's father)
- Kojak: The Belarus File (1985, TV Movie) - Chief of Detectives Frank McNeil
- As the World Turns (1986–1996, TV Series) - Lt. McCloskey
- Saying Kaddish (1991) - Uncle Manny
- Flodders in America (1992) - President
- Deconstructing Harry (1997) - Janet's Dad
- The Kings of Brooklyn (2004) - Leo
- Fireflies (2006) - Jack
- The Pack (2009) - Sol Epstein (final film role)
- DAN FRAZER, Metacritic Metacritic. Retrieved February 20, 2022.
- Dan Frazer Amazon.com. Retrieved February 20, 2022.
- Dan Frazer: Definitive Film and TV Police Superior of KOJAK, FUZZ, THE SUPER COPS, THE STOOLIE, N.Y.P.D., AS THE WORLD TURNS and More The Scott Rollins Film and TV Trivia Blog. Retrieved February 20, 2022.
- Dan Frazer, Actor Microsoft. Retrieved February 20, 2022.
- "Kojak actor Dan Frazer dies at 90". BBC News. December 19, 2011. Retrieved December 19, 2011.