|Full name||Daniel James Gale|
15 June 1989 |
Tadworth, Surrey, England
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Bowling style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Domestic team information|
|2008||Marylebone Cricket Club|
Source: Cricinfo, 19 August 2011
Daniel James Gale (born 15 June 1989) is an English cricketer. Gale is a right-handed batsman who bowls slow left-arm orthodox. He was born in Tadworth, Surrey and educated at Glyn School in Epsom.
While studying for his degree at Durham University, Gale made his first-class debut for Durham UCCE against Derbyshire in 2008. He appeared in six further first-class matches for the university, the last of which against in 2010 against Durham, by which time the university was playing as Durham MCCU following a change of name in 2010. In his five first-class matches, he scored 59 runs at an average of 48.33, with a high score of 37. With the ball, he took 9 wickets at a bowling average of 48.33, with best figures of 4/94.
In 2008, he made a single List A appearance for the Marylebone Cricket Club against Bangladesh A. In this match, he scored an unbeaten single with the bat, while with the ball he bowled 9 wicket-less overs for the cost of 58 runs.
- "Player profile: Dan Gale". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "First-Class Matches played by Dan Gale". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Player profile: Daniel Gale". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "List A Matches played by Dan Gale". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Marylebone Cricket Club v Bangladesh A, 2008". CricketArchive. Retrieved 19 August 2011.