Gilroy at Fantastic Fest 2014
|Born||Daniel Christopher Gilroy
June 24, 1959
Santa Monica, California, California, United States
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, film director|
|Spouse(s)||Rene Russo (m. 1992)|
|Children||Rose (b. 1993)|
|Parent(s)||Frank D. Gilroy (father)
Ruth Dorothy Gaydos (mother)
|Relatives||Tony Gilroy (brother)
John Gilroy (brother)
Daniel Christopher "Dan" Gilroy (born June 24, 1959) is an American screenwriter and film director.
Gilroy was born in Santa Monica, California, the son of Pulitzer Prize winning playwright Frank D. Gilroy, and sculptor and writer Ruth Dorothy (Gaydos). His brother Tony Gilroy is a screenwriter and director; and his fraternal twin brother, John Gilroy, is a film editor.
Gilroy wrote the script for 2005 gambling drama Two for the Money, starring Al Pacino and Gilroy's wife Rene Russo. His earliest credit is as co-writer of science fiction thriller Freejack (1992), followed by co-writing Dennis Hopper-directed comedy Chasers.
He has been married to actress Rene Russo since 1992; they have a daughter, Rose, born in 1993.
- Kennedy, Lisa (March 22, 2009). "Tony Gilroy writes himself perfect role: intrepid filmmaker". The Denver Post. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Farlekas, Chris (October 7, 2005). "Lots of local affiliation to major Hollywood films". recordonline.com. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Collis, Clark (July 1, 2015). "The Death of 'Superman Lives': What Happened?: What really killed the '90s superhero project?". Entertainment Weekly.
- Scott, A. O. (October 30, 2014). "The First Responder Is a Cameraman, ‘Nightcrawler’ Stars Jake Gyllenhaal as an Obsessive". The New York Times.
- "Nightcrawler Awards". The New York Times.
- Rosenfeld, Everett (2012-06-19). "Avengers Creator Crafting 'Perfect' Chinese Superhero". Time.com. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|