|Born||San Diego, California|
|Occupation||Computer book author, Idaho politician|
Dan Gookin is a computer book author who wrote the first ...For Dummies books including DOS for Dummies and PCs for Dummies, establishing the design and voice of the long-running series that followed, incorporating humor and jokes into a format for beginners on any subject. He also is a member of the Coeur d'Alene City Council.
Gookin has written over 150 computer books. His website provides computer help sections and a blog updated several times a week. He was editor of ComputorEdge Magazine, a local San Diego computer periodical, from 1987 to 1989.
Gookin lives in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, where he has been active in community theater and became the artistic director of Lake City Playhouse in 1997. He was elected to a seat in the Coeur d'Alene City Council in November 2011.
- Android Tablets For Dummies (For Dummies, 2014) ISBN 1-118-54319-X
- Android Phones For Dummies (For Dummies, 2014) ISBN 1-118-72030-X
- Samsung Galaxy Tabs For Dummies (For Dummies, 2013) ISBN 1-118-77294-6
- Beginning Programming with C For Dummies (For Dummies, 2013) ISBN 1-118-73763-6
- Word 2013 For Dummies (For Dummies, 2013) ISBN 1-118-49123-8
- PCs For Dummies (For Dummies, 2013) ISBN 1-118-19734-8
- Laptops For Dummies (For Dummies, 2012) ISBN 1-118-11533-3
- DOS For Dummies (For Dummies, 1991) ISBN 0-764-50361-8
- "Councilman Dan Gookin". City of Coeur d'Alene. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|