Dan Gordon (actor)
Dan Gordon (born 1961) is a Northern Irish actor, director and playwright.
Gordon was born in Belfast and is best known in Northern Ireland for his portrayal of Red Hand Luke in the BBC Northern Ireland sitcom Give My Head Peace. He starred in the Marie Jones monodrama A Night in November in the Tricycle theatre in London and again in the Lyric Theatre in Belfast. The production played off-Broadway in 1998 and Gordon was nominated for a Broadway Outer Critics Circle Award for outstanding solo performance.
In 2009, he staged a self-written piece about Harland and Wolff Shipyards in Belfast. The play, provisionally titled All the Queen's Men, received its premier in an East Belfast church, known locally as the Shipyard Church. Now known as The Boat Factory, it toured unusual venues during October 2010. The production played the Edinburgh Festival 2012 and the following year played in New York at the 59E59 Theatre as part of the BRITS OFF BROADWAY JUN 4 - JUN 30, 2013. The production also played at the King's Head Theatre Islington, Theatre Clwyd Mold and Gordon was nominated in the Best Actor category for an Off-West End 'OFFIE' award.
In 2015 Gordon appeared in The God of Carnage (Prime Cut Productions ) at Belfast MAC https://themaclive.com - The Shadow of a Gunman at The Abbey Theatre Dublin and Christmas Eve Can Kill You by Marie Jones at The Lyric Theatre Belfast. Christmas Eve Can Kill You is the most successful play produced by the Lyric Theatre to date breaking all box office records.
He married his wife, Cathy, in November 1984. The couple have three daughters: Sarah, Hannah and Martha.
- "Postcolonial Text Vol 3 No 3 (2007)" (PDF). p. 6 (footnote). Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "AWARDS FOR 1998-1999". outercritics.org. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- BBC Northern Ireland (2004). "Writing competition". BBC. Archived from the original on 30 March 2005. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- The Boat Factory
- "The Boat Factory – launched in East Belfast last night". Slugger O'Toole Ltd. 6 October 2010. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Boat Factory at 59E59 Theaters". 59E59 Theaters. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "The Boat Factory, by Dan Gordon at King's Head Theatre - 115 Upper Street Islington London N1 1QN - London UK - more on OffWestEnd.com - Listings and showtimes for over 80 Off West End theatres in London UK". www.offwestend.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Clwyd Theatr Cymru offers a taste of the Celtic festival 2013 - gwanwyn.org.uk". gwanwyn.org.uk. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- Christmas Eve Can Kill You - Lyric Theatre Belfast, 2015-11-03, retrieved 2016-01-15
|This article about an Irish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|