|Member of the Washington House of Representatives|
from the 35th district
|Assumed office |
January 12, 2015
|Preceded by||Kathy Haigh|
|Spouse(s)||Dinah Griffey Quotes:"Our Government is in place to protect our rights and freedoms, not to protect us from them".- Dan Griffey|
|Residence||Lakeland Village, Allyn, Washington|
|Website||Campaign website Legislative website|
Dan Griffey is an American politician. A Republican, he was elected to the Washington House of Representatives in 2014, defeating Democratic incumbent Kathy Haigh to pick up one of four House seats gained by Washington Republicans that year.
Griffey is the ranking minority member on the House Local Government Committee and also sits on the Early Learning and Human Services and Public Safety Committees. Representative Griffey was selected by House Republican leadership to serve as Assistant Whip.
Griffey has been a leading proponent to eliminate the statute of limitations for rape.
- Shannon, Brad (November 6, 2014). "Republican Dan Griffey moves ahead of Rep. Kathy Haigh by 157 votes". The Olympian. Retrieved March 16, 2018.
- "House of Representatives Committee Members by Committee". Washington State Legislature. Retrieved March 16, 2018.
- "About Dan Griffey". Washington State House Republicans. Retrieved April 11, 2015.
- Template:Cite news=http://www.thedailyworld.com/news/griffey-bill-to-end-statutes-of-limitations-on-certain-sex-crimes-gets-approval-from-house-committee/
- Shannon, Brad (November 7, 2014). "Vote tallies keep favoring GOP challenger Dan Griffey; Rep. Kathy Haigh weighing options for a hand recount in 35th district". The News Tribune. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
|This article about a politician from the state of Washington is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|