Heimiller at the WPPA Tournament of Champions
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
|Information accurate as of 12 September 2009.|
Daniel Heimiller (born June 25, 1962) in is an American professional poker player who won the ½ Hold'em - ½ Seven-Card Stud event at the 2002 World Series of Poker. His total live tournament winnings exceed $2.2 million.
Heimiller was born in California and raised in Livonia, Michigan. At one time he was a Las Vegas Cab driver as well as an industrial engineer, who for over 25 years been playing a variety of poker events which includes the World Series of Poker (WSOP), the World Poker Tour (WPT) and the Professional Poker Tour (PPT). Dan Heimiller won Best All Around Player at the Commerce Casino in 1999. In one two-year period, Heimiller won nine tournaments and appeared at 33 final tables. He ranks 31st in all time cashes at the World Series of Poker including one WSOP bracelet and 11 final tables.
World Series of Poker
Heimiller won his WSOP bracelet in the $2000 buy-in mixed game event that was made up of one-half Texas Hold'em and one-half Seven-card stud, defeating follow professional poker player Ram Vaswani during heads-up play, the final table at the event also included such notables as Paul 'Cigar' McKinney, Max Stern and Alan "Boston" Dvorkis. Heimiller has cashed 39 times at the WSOP besides the event in which he won his bracelet, Heimiller has also made 14 other WSOP final tables which includes finishing runner-up in for $63,580 in the 2001 WSOP $ 1,500 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Split Eight or Better event to CardPlayer Magazine publisher and CEO Barry Shulman. Finishing 3rd for $103,360 at 2001 WSOP $2,000 Limit Hold'em event won by Kevin Song and most recently placing 3rd at the 2008 WSOP $1,500 No Limit Hold'em event, earning $275,695 Heimiller has also cashed three times in the WSOP Main Event, in 2002, 2006 and 2007.
World Series of Poker bracelets
|2002||$2,000 ½ Hold'em - ½ Seven-Card Stud||$108,300|
World Championship of Online Poker
Heimiller playing under the PokerStars screen name "Lenny" ranks first in all time final tables with five and tied in fifth for all time cashes with 18 in the World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) including one bracelet from the 2003 WCOOP $300 buy-in Pot Limit Omaha High-Low event.
Other poker events
Heimiller has cashed four times at the World Poker Tour, with his biggest cash being the 2008 Borgata Poker Open, where he finished in 3rd place for $387,500. He also finished 5th in a Professional Poker Tour event for $30,000
- Butt, Robert. "Dan Heimiller - Results". TheHendonMob. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- "Dan Heimiller - WPT profile". worldpokertour.com. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- Butt, Robert. "All Time WSOP Cashes". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- Butt, Robert. "$ 2,000 1/2 Hold'em - 1/2 7 Card Stud". TheHendonMob. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- "Screen Names of Professional Poker Players". gankowns.com. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- "All Time: Most Final Tables By Individual". pokerstars.com. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- "All Time: Most Cashes By Player". pokerstars.com. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- "Event 3: $300 Pot Limit Omaha High/Low". pokerstars.com. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- "Poker Tournament Information - Dan Heimiller". PokerPages.com. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- Lucchesi, Ryan (2009-01-10). "EPT -- Poorya Nazari Wins the 2009 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- Butt, Robert. "Dan Heimiller - Stats". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2008-05-08.
- World Series of Poker Earnings, worldseriesofpoker.com