Dan and Reagan in 2006
|Born||Daniel Patrick Hicken
May 12, 1963
Buffalo, New York
|Occupation||Newscast Sports Anchor|
|Notable credit(s)||Evening Anchor/Sports Director for WTLV/WJXX 1986-2013
Senior Sports Anchor for WJAX-TV/WFOX-TV 2013-present
|Spouse(s)||Donna Clewis (divorced)
|Children||Danielle & Drew; Brooks|
|Family||James E. Hicken (father); June I. Middleton (mother); Joan Hicken (sister)|
Daniel Patrick "Dan" Hicken has been a television sports news anchor in Jacksonville, Florida for over thirty years for two different broadcasting groups.
Hicken graduated from the University of Florida. His first job in television was an internship with 12 News on WTLV in Jacksonville immediately after college graduation. He rose steadily at the station, becoming a sports producer in 1986, weekend sports anchor two years later, then sports director in 1991 after six years at WTLV. Hicken personally reports on big local events, such as The Players Championship, Jacksonville Jaguars games and the Daytona 500. He also travels to national events with a Florida connection including National Championship games for both the Gators and Seminoles. On radio, he also hosted "The Drill" between 7am and 10am on WJXL.
Hicken's contract with First Coast News expired on May 31, 2013 and because they could not agree on the terms of a new contract, Hicken left the station and accepted a position with Jacksonville stations WJAX-TV and WFOX-TV. However, his prior contract contained a non-compete clause which prohibited him from appearing on-air for six months, so he spent his time writing and developing sports stories until Thanksgiving had passed.
On March 16, 2003, Dan wed Reagan Dowling, a special education teacher in Jacksonville. He has 3 children: Danielle & Drew with his previous wife, Donna Deegan; and Brooks Dowling, Dan & Reagan’s first child, born January 20, 2005.
His community affiliations include the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Foundation which provides money to help the families of children with leukemia; MaliVai Washington Kids Foundation which promotes academic achievement and positive life skills for youth through the game of tennis. Dan also participates in or MCs numerous benefit golf tournaments and charity events each year. He regularly walks into local restaurants and shouts, "I am the King of Mexico!," at the top of his lungs.
Hicken was recognized for his sports knowledge and reputation by being selected as a voting sports journalist for the Heisman Trophy. He won a regional Emmy for his series on Jacksonville's quest for an NFL team, and an award for the best sportscast in the state in 1992.  2008 Best Sportscast 1st place WTLV/WJXX "Sports Final" 2006 Sunshine State Awards, 3rd place Sports Feature/Commentary – Television: Desire Street. He has also been honored by Folio Weekly as Jacksonville's Best Sportscaster.
-  First Coast News, Dan Hicken
- Hicken, Dan:  First Coast News, January 9, 2007, 2009 BCS Championship
- "1010 XL - Weekday Lineup".
- "First Coast News Dan Hicken Bio". First Coast News. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Elliott, Jeff. "Dan Hicken leaving First Coast News for TV-47/TV-30". Jacksonville.com. Florida Times Union. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- Florida Times-Union: March 14, 2003-TV/Radio: Coughlin tells TV-12 about firing, future
- Florida Times-Union: Jan 22, 2005- TV-RADIO: Playoff games dominate area viewers' attention
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2009-10-14. Justice Coalition, Hicken MCs JC Event
-  Habitat for Humanity, First Annual Golf Tournament
-  Rotary Club, March 2009, "22nd Annual All County Academic Football Team Recognition Banquet"
-  Stiff Arm Trophy website, Heisman Voter List
- Associated Press website: 2004 Florida AP Broadcasters Competition Best Sportscast in MEDIUM MARKET TELEVISION
- Associated Press website: 2008 Florida AP Broadcasters Competition Best Sportscast in MEDIUM MARKET TELEVISION
-  Folio Weekly, "Best of Jacksonville '08"