|This article needs to be updated. (December 2013)|
|Minister for Food, Agriculture and Fisheries|
12 December 2013 – 28 June 2015
|Prime Minister||Helle Thorning-Schmidt|
|Preceded by||Karen Hækkerup|
|Succeeded by||Eva Kjer Hansen|
|Member of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament|
20 July 2004 – 12 December 2013
12 June 1975 |
|Political party||Social Democrat / PES|
|Alma mater||University of Aarhus, University of Washington|
Dan Jørgensen (born 12 June 1975) is a Danish politician who has been Minister for Food, Agriculture and Fisheries since 12 December 2013. Previously, he served as a Member of the European Parliament for the Social Democrats, part of the Party of European Socialists. Jørgensen was head of the Danish delegation of Social Democrats in the European Parliament.
Jørgensen grew up in Morud on the Danish island of Funen, attended high school at Nordfyns Gymnasium, and university at the University of Aarhus, from which he holds a master's degree in Political Science. He also studied Political Science at the University of Washington.
Jørgensen was elected in 2004 with 10.350 personal votes and re-elected in 2009 with 233.266 personal votes.
Jørgensen has been the vice-chair of the committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety since 2004, and is a substitute on the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs. He is a member of the Delegation for relations with Iran and a substitute on the Delegation for relations with the United States.
- 'Eurovisioner – Essays om fremtidens Europa' (Copenhagen, Informations Forlag 2006)
- 'EU needs to take action' in 'Caution Dangerous chemicals – Obsolete Pesticides' (Union for Europe of the Nations, Belgium 2007)
- 'Mellem Mars og Venus' in 'Fra fællesmarked til fællesskab?' (The European Communities, Belgium 2007)
- 'Grøn Globalisering – miljøpolitik i forandring' (Hovedland 2007)
- 'Politikere med begge ben på jorden hænger ikke på træerne' (Informations Forlag, 2009)
- 'Grønt håb – Klimapolitik 2.0' (Forlaget Sohn, 2010).
- Personal profile of Dan Jørgensen in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Danish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Denmark is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|