Dan Jennings (manager)
|Pitcher / Manager / Assistant to GM|
Born: September 16, 1960|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2015 season)
Daniel Ray Jennings (born September 16, 1960) is the former General Manager and manager of the Miami Marlins of Major League Baseball (MLB). He served as a scout in MLB beginning in 1986 and was the manager of the Marlins from May until the end of the 2015 season.
Coaching and executive career
Jennings coached the baseball team at Davidson High School in Mobile Alabama. Jennings became an associate scout for the Cincinnati Reds in 1986, and an area scout for the Seattle Mariners in 1988. The Mariners promoted him to crosschecker in 1995, and he accepted a job with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays as their scouting director later that year.
Jennings joined the Marlins as Vice President of Player Personnel in 2002. He was named the Marlins' assistant general manager in September 2007. At the end of the 2013 season, the Marlins promoted Michael Hill to president and Jennings to general manager. At one point, there was a pitcher for the Marlins also named Dan Jennings, but the two are not related.
|Team||From||To||Regular season record||Post–season record|
|W||L||Win %||W||L||Win %|
- Kubatko, Roch (October 14, 2011). "School of Roch: Orioles to interview LaCava, contacted Marlins about Jennings". Masnsports.com. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- Kelly, Kevin; Lowitt, Bruce; Topkin, Marc (July 27, 2002). "Scouting director leaves for Marlins". St. Petersburg Times. p. 3C. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- "Marlins promote Beinfest to president, Hill to GM". Usatoday.Com. September 29, 2007. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Statement from Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria". MLB.com. September 29, 2013. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Frisaro, Jeff (May 18, 2015). "Jennings named manager by Marlins". mlb.com. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "Dan Jennings to serve as special assistant to Mike Rizzo". ESPN.com. January 8, 2016. Retrieved January 10, 2016.