Daniel Ploug Jorgensen (born April 4, 1968) is an American former competition swimmer who represented the United States at two consecutive Olympic Games.
At the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea, he earned a gold medal by swimming for the winning U.S. team in the men's 4x200-meter freestyle relay. Individually, he also competed in the B Final of the men's 400-meter freestyle and finished fourteenth overall (3:55.34).
Four years later at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain, Jorgensen again swam in the preliminary heats of the men's 4x200-meter freestyle relay, and received a bronze medal when the U.S. team placed third in the event final. He also swam in the preliminary heats of the men's 400-meter freestyle, but did not advance.
His brother Lars also competed at the 1988 Olympics for the United States.
- ^ a b c d e Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Athletes, Dan Jorgensen. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- ^ Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Swimming at the 1988 Seoul Summer Games, Men's 400 metres Freestyle B Final. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- ^ Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Swimming at the 1992 Seoul Summer Games, Men's 400 metres Freestyle. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- 1985: USA (Heath, Biondi, Dillon, Oppel)
- 1987: USA (Dalbey, Biondi, Cetlinski, Oppel)
- 1989: USA (Stewart, Jorgensen, Olsen, Gjertsen)
- 1991: USA (Dalbey, Jorgensen, Hudepohl, Olsen)
- 1993: USA (Burgess, Eckerman, Taner, Davis)
- 1995: AUS (Allen, Housman, Dunn, Kowalski)
- 1997: USA (Carvin, Malchow, Taner, Davis)
- 1999: AUS (Thorpe, Kirby, Hackett, Klim)
- 2002: AUS (Hackett, Stevens, Cram, Thorpe)
- 2006: USA (Phelps, Lochte, Vanderkaay, Keller)
- 2010: USA (Phelps, Vanderkaay, Berens, Lochte)
- 2014: USA (Dwyer, Phelps, Lochte, McLean)