Dan Jorgensen (swimmer)
|Full name||Daniel Ploug Jorgensen|
|National team||United States|
April 4, 1968 |
New London, Connecticut
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|College team||University of Southern California|
At the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea, he earned a gold medal by swimming for the winning U.S. team in the men's 4×200-meter freestyle relay. Individually, he also competed in the B Final of the men's 400-meter freestyle and finished fourteenth overall (3:55.34).
Four years later at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain, Jorgensen again swam in the preliminary heats of the men's 4×200-meter freestyle relay, and received a bronze medal when the U.S. team placed third in the event final. He also swam in the preliminary heats of the men's 400-meter freestyle, but did not advance.
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (men)
- List of University of Southern California people
- List of World Aquatics Championships medalists in swimming (men)
- Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Athletes, Dan Jorgensen. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Swimming at the 1988 Seoul Summer Games, Men's 400 metres Freestyle B Final. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Swimming at the 1992 Seoul Summer Games, Men's 400 metres Freestyle. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
|This article about a swimming Olympic medalist of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|