Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park
Dan Law Field in 2014
|Former names||Dan Law Field (1988–2011)|
|Location||Lubbock, Texas, US|
|Owner||Texas Tech University|
|Operator||Texas Tech University|
|Record attendance||(pre-renovation) 5,814 - May 26, 1996 (NCAA Central Regional)
4,898 - June 12, 2016 (NCAA Super Regional)
|Field size||Left Field: 330 ft
Center Field: 404 ft
Right Field: 330 ft
|Renovated||1994, 2001, 2009, 2012, 2016|
|Architect||MWM Architects (renovation)|
|Structural engineer||Henderson Rodgers (renovation)|
|General contractor||Lee Lewis Construction (renovation)|
|Texas Tech Red Raiders baseball (NCAA)
Lubbock Crickets (CBL)
Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park, nicknamed "The Law", is the home stadium of the Texas Tech Red Raiders baseball team in Lubbock, Texas. It is located on the Texas Tech University campus, adjacent to Jones AT&T Stadium and Fuller Track. Dan Law Field was rated as one of the top three places to watch a college baseball game by Sports Illustrated On Campus.
Name and capacity
From 1988 through 2011, the ballpark was named Dan Law Field after former Texas Tech baseball player Dan Law who was instrumental in the stadium's renovation. Law played for the Red Raider football team from 1955–56 and baseball from 1956-57. Since the 2012 season, the ballpark has been known as Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park. An anonymous donor to the 2012 renovation requested the field be named after Rip Griffin, a long-time supporter of Red Raider baseball and Texas Tech athletics. The ballpark has a permanent seating capacity of 4,368. Renovated in 1996 and 2001, the stadium underwent another upgrade in 2007 and its latest in 2012.
In 2015, the Red Raiders ranked 13th among Division I baseball programs in attendance, averaging 3,665 per home game. A record attendance of 4,898 was set on June 12, 2016 when Texas Tech hosted East Carolina University in the Lubbock Super Regional matchup.
Texas Tech Red Raiders
- NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament Regional: 1996, 1997, 1999, 2016
- NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament Super Regional: 2014, 2016
- NJCAA Division I Southwest District Baseball Tournament (2011, 2012, 2014–present)
- SWC Tournament: 1996
- Pirates invade The Law, Raiders seek justice - Sports
- "2008 Baseball Media Guide" (PDF). Texas Tech Athletics. p. 23. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Texas Tech Hall of Honor". Texas Tech Official Athletic Site. Archived from the original on 2009-03-21. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Hall of Honor". Texas Tech Official Athletic Site. Archived from the original on 2008-07-06. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Tech baseball begins fall practice at Lubbock Christian - Sports
- Cutler, Tami. "2014 Division I Baseball Attendance - Final Report" (PDF). Sportswriters.net. NCBWA. Retrieved March 3, 2014.