Levy at the Improv in 2018
|Birth name||Daniel Levy|
|Born||March 19, 1981|
|Spouse||Rachel Specter (m. 2010)|
Early life and education
Levy was born on March 19, 1981 to Linda and Elliott L. Levy. In 1993, Levy was a member of the "Half Pint Players", a teen-age improvisation group in Stamford, Connecticut. He began performing as a comedian while attending Emerson College in Boston.
Levy has performed at the Montreal Just For Laughs Comedy Festival, New York Comedy Fest, SF Sketchfest, and toured with Aziz Ansari, John Mulaney, and Whitney Cummings. He has made TV appearances on Premium Blend, Comedy Central Presents, The Late Late Show, Late Night with Seth Meyers, Chelsea Lately, The Office, Enlightened, Atypical, and @Midnight. His Comedy Central album Congrats on Your Success debuted #1 on iTunes when it was released in 2012. His hour comedy special "Dan Levy: LION" first premiered on Seeso.
As a host, Levy has worked on four MTV shows including Your Face Or Mine and MTV Spring Break, and his own talk show for College Humor: IHaveToGoInAMinuteShow, a daily comedy show directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson. Levy produced, wrote, and starred in My Long Distance Relationship, a 10-part web series for Crackle.
In April 2013, Levy collaborated with DJ Jensen Karp to create Baby Talk, a live comedy show where 3 to 4 comedians ask for parenting advice from children between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. The show was held at NerdMelt Showroom in Los Angeles, which later became a JASH series. Some of the guests included Blake Griffin, Paul Scheer, Natasha Leggero, Bo Burnham, Neal Brennan, and Jermaine Fowler.
In Fall 2016, Levy released his first hour comedy special Dan Levy: LION on the NBC streaming platform Seeso and Amazon.
As a producer, Levy executive produced Pretty Wild for E!, and the VH1 sketch series Stevie TV. Levy has written for the Roast of Justin Bieber, and the sitcoms Whitney, Mulaney, The Awesomes, and for the past three seasons, The Goldbergs. He and long time collaborator Steve Basilone, are currently writing the sequel to the movie Twins, Triplets, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Danny Devito, and Eddie Murphy.
|2005||Starved for Attention||Frederick|
|2005||Hope Rocks: The Concert with a Cause||Himself|
|2007||Cash Cow||Unicom's Evil Corporate Shill and Anchorman|
|2007||My Sexiest Year||Mark|
|2008||Spring Break 2008: Pretty Smart|
|2008||Below the Law||Dave||Producer|
|2009||My Long Distance Relationship||Sam||Executive producer|
|2009||Blimp Prom||Danny Goodyear||Writer|
|2010||Naked But Funny|
|2010||Axe: Dirtcathlon||DJ Croozeship|
|2010||A Night of 140 Tweets: A Celebrity Tweet-A-Thon for Haiti||Himself|
|2011||Mardi Gras: Spring Break||Frat House MC|
|2012||Roast of Parks Bonifay||Himself|
|2002||The Andy Dick Show||Nick|
|2002||The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn||Himself||Guest comedian|
|2004||Your Face or Mine?||Himself||Host|
|2005||Almost Funny||Himself||Series pilot|
|2005||The Reality Show||Himself|
|2007||The Suite Life of Zack & Cody||Jerry Barns|
|2008–2009||My Long Distance Relationship||Sam||Executive producer|
|2009||NESN Comedy All-Stars||Himself||Producer|
|2009||Comedy Central Presents||Himself||Writer|
|2009||Casting Call: Spring Break '83||Himself||Host|
|2009–2013||Chelsea Lately||Himself||Round Table guest|
|2010||Laugh Track Mash-ups||Dan||Producer|
|2010||Pretty Wild||Executive Producer|
|2011||Enlightened||Seth / Sandy|
|2011||The X Factor Digital Experience||Himself||Host|
|2011||13th Annual Young Hollywood Awards||Himself||Won – Comedian of the Year Award|
|2012||The Office||Trivia moderator|
|2012–2013||Love You, Mean It with Whitney Cummings||Himself|
- Congrats On Your Success (2011)
- Running out of Minutes (2013)
- Dan Levy: LION (2016)
- "Rachel Specter, Dan Levy". The New York Times. 2010-07-02. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Sierpine, Diane (1997-11-09). "Levy and Sarezky? Is Comedy Ready?". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Gargan, Scott (2011-06-10). "Class clown: Comedian Dan Levy is enjoying Hollywood success". Connecticut Post. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Agi, Jessica (2008-06-16). "Dan Levy: One minute is all he needs". LaughSpin. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Elist, Jasmine (2013-09-25). "In 'Baby Talk,' comedians get parenting tips from kids". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- "Exclusive Interview with The Goldbergs' Supervising Producer Dan Levy". TalkNerdyWithUs. 2016-10-05. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "Interview with Dan Levy". Serial Optimist. 2011-08-29. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "Roast of Justin Bieber". TheKnowBuddies. 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2018-04-18.