|Born||March 18, 1974|
Daniel McLaughlin (born March 18, 1974) is a professional sports broadcaster who currently works on the St. Louis Cardinals and, formerly, on St. Louis Blues telecasts on the cable television channel Bally Sports Midwest. He was born March 18, 1974 in St. Louis. He used to be a play-by-play announcer for the NFL on Fox in 2006 with some involving the St. Louis Rams as he called the St. Louis Rams-Minnesota Vikings game with Tony Boselli.
Dan McLaughlin grew up in the St. Louis area where his father was a school teacher. Following his graduation from St. John Vianney High School in suburban Kirkwood, Missouri, McLaughlin attended Lindenwood University in Saint Charles where he played baseball. Setting his sights on sports broadcasting from an early age, McLaughlin performed a variety of broadcasting duties at university-owned KCLC while a student at Lindenwood.
While in college McLaughlin also served an internship at KMOX radio in St. Louis, and he became a sports talk show host with the station in 1996. McLaughlin soon found himself as a frequent contributor to St. Louis Blues telecasts on KPLR-TV and FSN Midwest. In 2000, he became the play-by-play broadcaster for FSN's Cardinal games. Additionally McLaughlin did play-by-play for the Mizzou Tiger and Missouri Valley Conference basketball games and occasional regional college football games for ESPN.
He also produces his own podcast, Scoops with Danny Mac, where he interviews nationally known sports figures from the past and present. Scoops with Danny Mac is known for candid one-on-one interviews between McLaughlin and his subject.
Dan McLaughlin and wife, Libby, are the parents of four children: son Luke, born in 2005; daughter Avery, born in 2007; and twins Olivia and Barrett, born in 2009. The McLaughlins are involved in several St. Louis area charities, including hosting the annual "Dan McLaughlin Golf Tournament" to benefit Special Education.
- St. Louis Cardinals 2006 Media Guide. Hadler Printing, 2006.
- "Broadcasters". St. Louis Cardinals. Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- Caesar, Dan. "Getting to know Dan McLaughlin." St. Louis Post Dispatch, August 3, 2002.
- "What's Next for Sportscaster Dan McLaughlin?". Eureka-Wildwood Patch. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- "Exclusive interview with Dan McLaughlin". Redbirds Fun. 2007-02-13. Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- "Dan McLaughlin bio". CBSStLouis.com. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2011-11-05.