Dan Mitchell (comedian)
|Birth name||Daniel Mitchell|
|Influences||Vic and Bob, Graham Linehan|
|Notable works and roles||Show Me The Funny|
Dan Mitchell is a Welsh-born comedian originally from Brechfa, a village near Carmarthen. In his youth, Dan had a fascination with comics and comedy. Having had his comedy appetite raised by running the local pub quiz, he started his career in comedy in 2005 and ran a regular stand-up night, which he compered, at Cardiff’s Pen and Wig pub. He also ran comedy panel show, "Panel 9 from Outer Space", with fellow comedian Clint Edwards and friend Laura Bryon.
Dan Mitchell is the presenter of BBC Radio Wales comedy news quiz, What's the Story? made by Tidy productions.
Dan appears as himself in an episode of Cynic (Web series) which features comedian Ted Shiress 
- 2011 - In late 2011, he featured as a commentator on 'Most Annoying People 2011'
- 2011 - He was a contestant in the UK TV comedy competition "Show me the Funny" and finished 2nd.
- 2007 - The Comedy Club 'Funny Business' final which aired on prime-time BBC2 Wales in Jan/Feb 08.
- The Big Welsh Joke
- Pobol y Cwm
- He was a regular panellist on the BBC Radio Wales comedy program What's the Story? and as of series 6 is now the host.
- The Rhodri Williams Show
- In July 2011 he performed in the Comedy play 'Humanzee' as part of Cardiff Comedy Festival 2011.
- He co wrote and appeared in sell out murder mystery play "And the Killer is..?" with Becky Brynolf.
- Finalist - Budweiser’s Legends of Laughter (2006)
- Welsh Comedy Festival - Filmed by the BBC as part of their Funny Business series, screened in Autumn 2007. This series highlighted the burgeoning comic scene in Cardiff and also followed the ups and downs of hundreds of comedians all hoping to secure a £30,000 contract.
- Welsh Unsigned Stand-up Award (2010) 
- Dan Mitchell discusses epilepsy on Wales Today (08/02/08)
- Welsh Comedy Festival