Dan Mitchell (comedian)
|Birth name||Daniel Mitchell|
|Notable works and roles||Show Me The Funny|
Dan Mitchell is a Welsh-born comedian originally from Brechfa, a village near Carmarthen. In his youth, Dan had a fascination with comics and comedy. Having had his comedy appetite raised by running the local pub quiz, he started his career in comedy in 2005 and ran a regular stand-up night, which he compered, at Cardiff’s Pen and Wig pub. He also ran comedy panel show, "Panel 9 from Outer Space", with fellow comedian Clint Edwards and friend Laura Bryon.
Dan Mitchell is the presenter of BBC Radio Wales comedy news quiz, What's the Story? made by Tidy productions.
Dan appears as himself in an episode of Cynic (Web series) which features comedian Ted Shiress 
He is good friends with fellow Welsh comedian James Dunn, in which they have performed in the live show "It's a Dogs Life" where Mitchell plays the role of Sinbad, a dog that lived with James in a small flat in Caerphilly. It is currently being piloted for potential broadcast on Made in Cardiff TV after raving reviews in the Newport Comedy Festival.
Dan also runs a comedy/speakeasy gig called Lafty Devil Comedy in his man cave at Crafty Devil Brewery/shop in Canton every first Thursday of the month.
- 2011 - In late 2011, he featured as a commentator on 'Most Annoying People 2011'
- 2011 - He was a contestant in the UK TV comedy competition "Show me the Funny" and finished 2nd.
- 2007 - The Comedy Club 'Funny Business' final which aired on prime-time BBC2 Wales in Jan/Feb 2008.
- The Big Welsh Joke
- Pobol y Cwm
- He was a regular panellist on the BBC Radio Wales comedy program What's the Story? and as of series 6 is now the host.
- The Rhodri Williams Show
- In July 2011 he performed in the Comedy play 'Humanzee' as part of Cardiff Comedy Festival 2011.
- He co wrote and appeared in sell out murder mystery play And the Killer is..? with Becky Brynolf.
- Finalist - Budweiser’s Legends of Laughter (2006)
- Welsh Comedy Festival - Filmed by the BBC as part of their Funny Business series, screened in Autumn 2007. This series highlighted the burgeoning comic scene in Cardiff and also followed the ups and downs of hundreds of comedians all hoping to secure a £30,000 contract.
- Welsh Unsigned Stand-up Award (2010)
- Powder Blue Internet Business Solutions. "Dan Mitchell". chortle.co.uk.
- "Ted Shiress". tedshiress.co.uk.
- Dan Mitchell discusses epilepsy on Wales Today (08/02/08). YouTube. 8 February 2008.
- "BBC Radio Wales - What's the Story?". BBC.
- walesonline Administrator (1 August 2010). "Theatre Preview: And The Killer Is?". walesonline.
- "Big Head Media - big head media". buildingmy.com.
- Welsh Comedy Festival
- "WELSH UNSIGNED STANDUP AWARDS: HEAT ONE". Buzz Magazine.