|Dan E. Moldea|
From The Hoffa Wars in 1978
February 27, 1950 |
|Occupation||Non-fiction author, investigative journalist|
|Genre||Organized crime, political corruption|
Dan E. Moldea (born February 27, 1950) is a best-selling author and investigative journalist who has reported on organized crime and political corruption since 1974. He is the author of books about the rise and fall of Jimmy Hoffa, the contract killing of an Ohio businessman, the Mafia's penetration of Hollywood, and its influence on professional football, as well as works about the murder of Senator Robert Kennedy, the O.J. Simpson case, and the suicide of White House Deputy Counsel Vincent Foster.
He received his bachelor's degree in English and history from the University of Akron, where he served as student-body president. He did his post-graduate work at Kent State University where he taught in the Honors and Experimental College.
Moldea has lectured about "The Mafia in America" at colleges and universities throughout the country, and has appeared on numerous national and local radio and television programs. He was also featured in the 2004 film, The Hunting of the President.
In Moldea v New York Times, Moldea sued the New York Times, alleging a review of Interference: How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football was libelous. In 1994, the Circuit Court for the District of Columbia ruled against Moldea.
The first chapters of his books are available on his website.
- The Hoffa Wars: Teamsters, Rebels, Politicians and the Mob - first edition, 1978
- The Hunting of Cain: A True Story of Money, Greed, and Fratricide - 1983
- Dark Victory: Ronald Reagan, MCA, and the Mob - 1986
- Interference: How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football - 1989
- The Hoffa Wars: Teamsters, Rebels, Politicians and the Mob - second edition, 1993
- The Killing of Robert F. Kennedy: An Investigation of Motive, Means, and Opportunity - 1995
- Evidence Dismissed: The Inside Story of the Police Investigation of O.J. Simpson (with Tom Lange and Philip Vannatter) - 1997
- A Washington Tragedy: How the Death of Vincent Foster Ignited a Political Firestorm - 1998
- Confessions of a Guerrilla Writer - 2013
- "New York Times : Best Seller List 02-23-1997" (PDF).
- Kurtz, Howard (2007-08-08). "Washington Post : Morals of a Muckraker". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Dan Moldea - Biographical information".
- "Newhouse : Reporter finds honor in muck".
- "Lecture Appearances".
- "Hunting of the President and The Flynt Project".
- "About AIW".
- Moldea v. New York Times Co., 22 F.3d 310 (D.C. Cir. 1994)
- Dan Moldea website
- Dan Moldea at the Internet Movie Database
- Decision: Moldea v New York Times at the Wayback Machine (archived December 27, 2008)
- Moldea's response to the case
- Time: "D.C. Madam: Suicide Before Prison" and Moldea's response
- Salon on Vincent Foster
- Moldea's response to the Probe article