|United States Ambassador to Bangladesh|
May 16, 2011 – 2014
|Preceded by||Nicholas Dean|
|Succeeded by||Marcia Bernicat|
|United States Ambassador to Angola|
November 19, 2007 – 2010
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Cynthia G. Efird|
|Succeeded by||Christopher J. McMullen|
May 1, 1949 |
Dubuque, Iowa, U.S.
|Profession||Diplomat, Career Ambassador|
Education and early career
Amb. Mozena graduated from Iowa State University in 1970 with a Bachelor of Science degree in History and Government. He participated in a Cultural Exchange program to Nepal under the auspices of the National 4-H Council from 1970 to 1971. From 1971 to 1974, Amb. Mozena attended graduate school at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He graduated in 1974 with a Master of Arts degree in Political Science and a Master of Public Administration degree. From 1974 to 1976, Amb. Mozena was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Zaire. Before joining the Foreign Service, Amb. Mozena worked as a Program Specialist from 1977 to 1981 for the National 4-H Council in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Foreign Service career
Amb. Mozena joined the U.S. Foreign Service as a Political Officer in 1981.
- 1982 - 1983: Consular Officer, U.S. Embassy, Lusaka, Zambia
- 1983 - 1985: Economic Officer and Political Officer, U.S. Embassy, Kinshasa, Zaire
- 1985 - 1988: Public Diplomacy Officer, Office of Strategic Nuclear Policy, Political-Military Bureau, Dept. of State
- 1988 - 1989: Hindi language study, Foreign Service Institute
- 1989 - 1992: Deputy Counselor for Political Affairs, U.S. Embassy, New Delhi, India
- 1992 - 1993: Officer-in-Charge, South African Affairs, Dept. of State
- 1993 - 1995: Deputy Director, Office of Southern African Affairs, Dept. of State
- 1995 - 1998: Deputy Counselor for Political Affairs, U.S. Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan
- 1998 - 2001: Counselor for Political and Economic Affairs, U.S. Embassy, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2001 - 2004: Deputy Chief of Mission, U.S. Embassy, Lusaka, Zambia
- 2004 - 2007: Director, Office of Southern African Affairs, Dept of State, Washington
- 2007 - 2010: U.S. Ambassador to Angola, Luanda, Angola
- 2010 - 2011: Professor of National Security, National War College, Washington
- 2011 - : U.S. Ambassador to Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Amb. Mozena is the second of four sons and one daughter of Kenneth and Edna Mozena. In 1971, Amb. Mozena married Grace Feeney. They have two children: Anne (1979) and Mark (1983).
Media related to Dan Mozena at Wikimedia Commons
Note form Mozena : http://gurumia.com/2014/12/22/goodbye-wonderful-bangladesh-dan-mozena/