|Date of birth:||August 22, 1953|
|Place of birth:||Mount Clemens, Michigan|
|Date of death:||October 18, 2001(aged 48)|
|Place of death:||Boca Raton, Florida|
|High school:||Pompano Beach (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||1975 / Round: 3 / Pick: 67
(By the Los Angeles Rams)
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Daniel Lawrence Nugent (August 22, 1953 – August 18, 2001) was an American football offensive lineman in the National Football League (NFL) for the Washington Redskins. He played college football at Auburn University.
Nugent was selected in the third round of the 1975 NFL Draft by the Los Angeles Rams. He was then traded to the Washington Redskins in 1976 for second and third round draft picks. He played for the Redskins from 1976 to 1980, before being cut during the 1981 offseason due to a herniated disc.
- "D. Nugent, Ex-nfl Player". Sun-Sentinel. October 19, 2001. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Redskins cut Matuszak". Wilmington Morning Star. Google News Archives. September 7, 1976. p. 13. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- "A Quarterback Tetralogy: Rams To Eagles". Pro Football Journal. March 12, 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Nugent Wins Redress For Redskins Injury". The Washington Post. September 7, 1983. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • Pro-Football-Reference
- Dan Nugent at Find a Grave
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|