Career and background
His TV career began in 2005 when Dan was hired at WILX-TV in Lansing, Michigan, as a reporter and weekend anchor. In 2006, Dan joined ABC-owned WLS-TV (channel 7) in Chicago as a general assignment reporter.
In 2009, after Straight No Chaser's album "Holiday Spirits" went to #1 on iTunes and Amazon, Dan decided to leave ABC and join the group full time. SNC went on to perform hundreds of concerts throughout the country and record three more albums on the Atlantic Records label. The group's televised concert series "Live in New York" (produced by WTTW) aired on PBS stations coast to coast.
Dan’s father is Phil Ponce, a Chicago television journalist who hosts Chicago Tonight, a nightly television magazine of news and culture on PBS member station WTTW (channel 11). Dan’s brother is Anthony Ponce, a general assignment reporter for NBC-owned WMAQ-TV (channel 5) in Chicago.
Dan earned his Master's degree from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University and his Bachelor's degree from Indiana University - where he founded Straight No Chaser. Dan grew up in Wilmette and currently lives in Chicago.
- "WLS adds Ponce Brothers to weekend talk show lineup". Time Out Chicago. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "WGN-TV". WGN-TV. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "About Us". Chicago Tonight - WTTW. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Anthony Ponce". NBC Chicago. Archived from the original on 15 August 2009. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Ponces Duel: News at 10". northwestern.edu. Retrieved 3 June 2015.