Dan Slater (born 9 April 1976) is a New Zealand sailor. He is a member of Murrays Bay Sailing Club in North Shore City. At the 2000 Summer Olympics he competed in the mixed skiff with Nathan Handley, finishing in 8th place. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, he competed in the men's finn class finishing 12th. He competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the Men's Finn class. He was successful in winning the third race which the commentator remarked was "one of the races of his life".
Slater was involved as a backup Strategist/Tactician for Team New Zealand during the 2003 America's Cup. In 2009 Slater competed in the Louis Vuitton Pacific Series as part of the Greek Challenge.
- "Dan Slater". London2012.com. Archived from the original on 1 May 2013.
- "Daniel Slater at Sports Reference.com". www.sports-reference.com. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Dan Slater". www.yachtingnz.org.nz. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Dawn till dusk aboard the black boat". Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Greek Challenge Crew Portraits – Sailing (Sport) – Yachting". Scribd. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
|This biographical article related to yacht racing in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|