August 16, 1983 |
Winchester, MA, USA
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
Quad City Flames
Nürnberg Ice Tigers
|NHL Draft||52nd overall, 2002
San Jose Sharks
Dan Spang (born August 1, 1983) is an American professional ice hockey defenseman. He is currently playing for Oulun Kärpät in the Finnish Liiga. Spang was selected by the San Jose Sharks in the 2nd round (52nd overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
During his collegiate career, he was a co-winner of Boston University’s Most Improved Player Award following the 2003–04 season. Spang led Boston University defensemen in goals (nine), assists (22) and points (31) in 40 games as a senior. Won a Hockey East regular season and tournament championship at Boston University in 2005–06 he was an Alternate Captain for the Worcester Sharks as a rookie in 2006–07.
On July 21, 2009, he left the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL and signed a contract for Nürnberg Ice Tigers of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga. He then signed with the Dallas Stars organization to play for them in the 2010–11 season. However, he was assigned to the affiliates Texas Stars of the AHL.
|2008–09||Quad City Flames||AHL||30||1||7||8||10||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||Las Vegas Wranglers||ECHL||17||2||10||12||10||16||5||10||15||2|
|2009–10||Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers||DEL||48||4||10||14||45||5||1||2||3||0|
Awards and honors
|All-Hockey East First Team||2005–06|
|AHCA East First-Team All-American||2005–06|
|Hockey East All-Tournament Team||2006|||
- "Player Bio – Dan Spang". Forecaster.ca. 2010-10-02. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- "Prospect Dan Spang Player Profile". Hockeysfuture.com. 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- "Dan Spang – Stats". American Hockey League. 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- "Ice Tigers sign Dan Spang" (in German). Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- "Växjö värvar AHL-back" (in Swedish). Växjö Lakers Hockey. 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- "Spang signed to two-way contract". Stars Blog. 2011-06-16. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "2013-14 Hockey East Media Guide". Hockey East. Retrieved 2014-05-19.