|Born||8 January 1982|
|Associated acts||Lee Konitz, Ben Wendel|
Dan Tepfer grew up in Paris, France in a musical and scientific family. He received a bachelors degree in astrophysics from the University of Edinburgh and a masters degree in jazz piano performance from the New England Conservatory in Boston. He currently lives in Brooklyn, New York, where he works as a pianist and composer. He tours around the world, with frequent appearances in Europe in particular. Since 2009, he has released a series of critically acclaimed  recordings on Sunnyside Records, working in trio, duo and solo formats. He is also known since 2007 as one of the most frequent collaborators of jazz icon Lee Konitz.
Awards and honors
- 2006: First Prize and Audience Prize, Montreux Jazz Festival Bösendorfer Solo Piano Competition
- 2007: First Prize, Cole Porter Fellowship, American Pianists Association Jazz Piano Competition
- 2011: CHOC Jazz Magazine (France) for "Goldberg Variations / Variations"
- 2011 – 2013: Rising Star Pianist, Down Beat
- 2012 – 2013: Rising Star Pianist, JazzTimes
- 2014: Charles Ives Fellowship, American Academy of Arts and Letters
- 2016: MacDowell Fellowship, MacDowell Colony
- 2017: CHOC Jazz Magazine (France) for "Eleven Cages"
- 2005: Before the Storm, with Richie Barshay and Jorge Roeder (DIZ)
- 2007: Oxygen, with Richie Barshay and Jorge Roeder (DIZ)
- 2009: Twelve Free Improvisations in Twelve Keys (DIZ)
- 2009: Duos with Lee, duo with Lee Konitz (Sunnyside)
- 2010: Five Pedals Deep, with Thomas Morgan and Ted Poor (Sunnyside)
- 2011: Goldberg Variations/Variations (Sunnyside)
- 2013: Small Constructions, with Ben Wendel (Sunnyside)
- 2017: Eleven Cages, with Thomas Morgan and Nate Wood (Sunnyside)
- 2018: Decade, duo with Lee Konitz (Verve Records)
With Billy Hart