Trachtenberg on location, shooting The Totally Rad Show, 2007
May 11, 1981 |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
|Occupation||Director, writer, podcast host|
|Spouse(s)||Priscilla (Hernandez) Trachtenberg|
Dan Trachtenberg is an American filmmaker and podcast host. He directed the 2016 film 10 Cloverfield Lane. Trachtenberg was one of three hosts of The Totally Rad Show and a former co-host of Geekdrome. Both programs were hosted at Revision3. Trachtenberg is the director of the 2011 short film Portal: No Escape and the director of various television commercials and public service announcements.
Trachtenberg has directed commercials for Lexus, Nike, and Coca-Cola. In 2003, he directed the short film Kickin'. In April, 2008, he joined Tight Films, for which he collaborated with Matt Wolf on an alternate reality game for Hellboy II: The Golden Army.
He directed the internet show, Ctrl+Alt+Chicken.
In March 2011, Trachtenberg released a short film for BlackBoxTV titled More Than You Can Chew, starring J. Kristopher, Skye Marshall and Ian Hamrick. Trachtenberg co-wrote the story with Mark D. Walker.
On April 3, 2014, Ain't It Cool News announced that Trachtenberg would direct a film for Bad Robot Productions titled Valencia, which was later revealed to be a code name for 10 Cloverfield Lane. On January 15, 2016, the trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane was released. Producer J. J. Abrams said about the film, "The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible."
- "Danny T, Russell Make tight Connection". SHOOTonline.com. Archived from the original on October 20, 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Dan Trachtenberg on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Hart, Hugh (10 January 2013). "Portal: No Escape Director Snags Y: The Last Man Movie". Wired. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "Portal: No Escape Helmer Dan Trachtenberg To Direct Sci-fi Heist Movie 'Crime of the Century' For Universal". /Film. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Breaking: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct Y: The Last Man". iFanboy. January 9, 2013. Retrieved January 10, 2013.
- "The Y: The Last Man Movie Is Dead Again; Dan Trachtenberg Talks About the Adaptation". /Film. September 25, 2014. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Dan Trachtenberg will no longer be making his debut with Y:The Last Man and will instead direct Valencia for Bad Robot!". Ain't It Cool News. April 3, 2014. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- Chitwood, Adam (January 14, 2016). "10 Cloverfield Lane Is the Title of J.J. Abrams’ Secret Bad Robot Movie". Collider.com. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Sciretta, Peter (January 14, 2016). "Bad Robot’s 10 Cloverfield Lane Trailer: Is This Cloverfield 2?". /Film. Retrieved January 14, 2016.