On location, shooting The Totally Rad Show
May 11, 1981 |
|Occupation||Podcast host, director, writer|
Dan Trachtenberg is a filmmaker and video podcast host from the Philadelphia suburbs who currently resides in the Los Angeles metro area. He was one of the three hosts of The Totally Rad Show and a former co-host of Geekdrome. Both programs were hosted at Revision3. In addition to working on Internet shows, Trachtenberg is the writer/director of the 2003 short film Kickin' and the director of various television commercials and public service announcements.
Trachtenberg has directed commercials for Lexus, Nike, and Coca Cola. In April, 2008, he joined Tight Films, for which he collaborated with Matt Wolf on an alternate reality game for Hellboy II: The Golden Army."
He directed the internet show, "Ctrl+Alt+Chicken."
In January, 2013, iFanboy broke the news that Dan Trachtenberg would direct the film adaptation of Y: The Last Man. However, on September 25, 2014, slashfilm.com announced that the movie adaptation had been cancelled.
On April 3, 2014, Ain't It Cool News announced that Trachtenberg would direct a film for Bad Robot Productions titled Valencia, which was later revealed to be a code name for 10 Cloverfield Lane.
On January 15, 2016, at midnight the trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane was released. J. J. Abrams said on the film “The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.” 
|2016||10 Cloverfield Lane||Yes|
- "SHOOTonline.com - The Trusted Source For News, Information, Industry Trends, New ScreenWork, and The Back Stories in Film, TV, Commercials". Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Dan Trachtenberg on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Hart, Hugh (10 January 2013). "Portal: No Escape Director Snags Y: The Last Man Movie". Wired. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "'Portal: No Escape' Helmer Dan Trachtenberg To Direct Sci-fi Heist Movie 'Crime of the Century' For Universal - /Film". Slashfilm. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "BREAKING: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct Y: The Last Man". iFanboy.com. January 9, 2013. Retrieved January 10, 2013.
- "The ‘Y: The Last Man’ Movie Is Dead Again; Dan Trachtenberg Talks About the Adaptation". www.slashfilm.com. September 25, 2014. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Dan Trachtenberg will no longer be making his debut with Y: THE LAST MAN and will instead direct VALENCIA for Bad Robot!". www.aintitcool.com. April 3, 2014. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- Chitwood, Adam (January 14, 2016). "’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Is the Title of J.J. Abrams’ Secret Bad Robot Movie". Collider.com. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Sciretta, Peter (January 14, 2016). "’Bad Robot’s ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Trailer: Is This ‘Cloverfield 2’?". Slashfilm.com. Retrieved January 14, 2016.