Daniel Tynan is an American journalist, television and radio commentator who specializes in technology, humor, and humorous takes on technology. A contributing editor for PC World, InfoWorld.com, and Family Circle magazine, he recently[when?] launched a geek humor website titled eSarcasm, along with partner JR Raphael.
Tynan formerly wrote the Our Digital Life (formerly Tech Smart) column for US Airways Magazine and the Culture Crash blog for Computerworld.com, and tends the Robert X. Cringely blog "Notes From the Field" for InfoWorld.
His work has appeared in more than 50 publications, including Newsweek, Family Circle, Popular Science, Wired, and Playboy.com. He has appeared on CNN, CBS, NPR, Discovery, and Fox News, as well as dozens of regional television and radio programs.
- Two-time finalist for a National Magazine Award
- 2005, ASBPE Gold award for news article, 80,000+ circulation class, "Dawn of the Superworm" (author)
- 2002, 2003 Western Publications Association 'Maggie' for Best Regularly Featured Online Column, CNET (author)
- 1999 Grand Neal Award for Editorial Excellence, "Privacy in the Age of the Internet," September 1998 (editor)
- 1997 Jesse H. Neal Award, Best News Story, "Ram Scam," PC World, June 1996 (co-author with Christina Wood and Angela Freeman)
- 1995 Jesse H. Neal Award, Best Single Article, "DOA or Bound for Glory," PC World, June 1994 (co-author with Christina Wood and Anita Amirezzvani)
- "ASBPE National Editorial Award Recipients in 2004". Asbpe.org. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Pace Communications. "US Airways Magazine / The Magazine That Connects You". Usairwaysmag.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Editor & Publisher". Editorandpublisher.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Micah Sifry: Green Cash and Scam". Huffingtonpost.com. 2006-01-18. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
-  Archived September 29, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "American Business Press Honors PC World for Outstanding Investigative Reporting". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.