Dan Wells (author)
Wells at the 2015 National Book Festival
|Born||Daniel Andrew Wells
March 4, 1977
Utah, United States
|Occupation||Author, podcast personality|
|Education||B.A. in English|
|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
|Genre||Horror, science fiction, young adult|
|Notable works||I Am Not a Serial Killer|
Wells wrote his first stories based on the Choose Your Own Adventure series when he was in second grade. He followed up with several novellas, a serial and a series of comic books when he was in high school. He finished his first serious novel when he was 22. He is a graduate of Brigham Young University, with a bachelor's degree in English, emphasizing writing and editing.
Wells is best known as the author of I Am Not a Serial Killer, a horror novel published in the United States by Tor Books. It has been released in the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, and Taiwan.
Horror writer F. Paul Wilson described I Am Not a Serial Killer as a "dazzling, unputdownable debut" with a protagonist "as chilling as he is endearing." Young adult fiction author Jack Heath praised it as having "plenty of thematic merit", and noted that "all the characters are richly identifiable, including–and I can't stress enough how impressed I was by this–the serial killer...Wells is a first-time novelist, and yet he's already created a sympathetic villain, the holy grail of thriller writing."
John Wayne Cleaver series
- First trilogy
- Next of Kin (July 4, 2014) (novella)
- Second trilogy
- The Devil's Only Friend (June 16, 2015)
- Over Your Dead Body (May 3, 2016)
- Nothing Left To Lose (June 6, 2017)
- Partials (February 28, 2012)
- Isolation novella (August 28, 2012)
- Fragments (February 26, 2013)
- Ruins (March 11, 2014)
- Bluescreen (February 16, 2016)
- Ones and Zeroes (February 2017)
- A Night of Blacker Darkness (audio book, 2011), written as Frederick Whithers (author) and Cecil G. Bagsworth III (editor)
- The Hollow City (ISBN 978-0765331700, July 3, 2012)
- Extreme Makeover (November 15, 2016)
- "The Amazing Adventures of George" (2000), in Leading Edge #40
- "Charybdis" (2011), in Leading Edge #61
- "The Mountain of the Lord" (2011), in Monsters & Mormons (Peculiar Pages)
- The Butcher of Khardov (June 18, 2013)
- Clark, Cody (March 4, 2012). "Vanishing point: Humanity gets terminated - almost - in Orem author’s grim teen sci-fi novel". The Daily Herald. Archived from the original on March 4, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- "Questions and Answers with Dan Wells - Hortorian.com". Archived from the original on June 5, 2010.
- "Bio for Dan Wells". Fearful Symmetry. Retrieved April 28, 2009.
- "Brothers By The Book", Salt Lake Tribune
- "Books by Dan Wells". Fearful Symmetry. Archived from the original on March 18, 2009. Retrieved April 28, 2009.
- "Tor: Winter 2010" (PDF). Macmillan US. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Heath, Jack (October 16, 2009). "Book review: I Am Not a Serial Killer, by Dan Wells". Goodreads. Archived from the original on March 4, 2012. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- "Renovation - Hugo Awards". August 8, 2011. Archived from the original on March 4, 2012. Retrieved October 16, 2011.
- "2014 Hugo Awards". April 20, 2014. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- Mandelo, Brit. "A review of I Don’t Want to Kill You by Dan Wells". Tor.com. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Dan Wells. "Dan Wells talks about Partials". Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- "Stories, Listed by Author (2000)". Locus. 2000. Archived from the original on February 25, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dan Wells (author).|