Dan Williams (Canadian politician)
|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta for Peace River|
|Assumed office |
April 16, 2019
|Preceded by||Debbie Jabbour|
|Political party||United Conservative Party|
|Residence||La Crete, Alberta|
He currently resides in La Crete with his wife, Maureen, where he worked at Knelsen Sand & Gravel. While employed by Knelsen, Williams secured the United Conservative Party nomination in Peace River with 81% of the vote.
Williams has stated his support for immediately repealing the provincial carbon tax and reducing regulations to create the fastest regulatory approval process in North America. He also supports a one-third reduction in the corporate tax to promote economic growth. In January 2019, he appeared at a pro-resource rally where he stated, “We are not at all ashamed to defend (the oil and gas) industry, to defend the way we make a living and have for generations in this province.”[unreliable source?]
He is also in favour of reducing the rural crime rate through additional funding to the criminal justice system and strategic reforms to avoid suspected criminals escaping the justice system without a trial.
Williams has also voiced his support for school choice and is vocally pro-life.
- Olivia Condon (2019-01-28). "Local UCP candidate Dan Williams eager for change | Peace River Record Gazette". Prrecordgazette.com. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- "Alberta election: Peace River results - Edmonton". Globalnews.ca. 2019-03-17. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- Admin2015 (2019-04-10). "Dan Williams, United Conservative Party candidate". Smoky River Express. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "Arnold Viersen". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "Cracking Down on Crime". The United Conservative Party. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- Admin2015 (2019-04-09). "Peace River candidates state their positions on abortion at La Crete forum". Smoky River Express. Retrieved 2019-04-23.
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|