||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Daniel Yemin is a vocalist and musician in the melodic hardcore punk scene.
He played guitar in the early 1990s with the band Lifetime, and in the late 1990s with Kid Dynamite. Yemin also played in Resurrection (sic). Since 2001, he has been the vocalist of Jade Tree Records hardcore band Paint It Black, and still plays guitar in Lifetime, who reformed in late 2005. He also plays bass in Armalite, a band fronted by Adam Goren whose debut album is available through No Idea Records. Additionally, he recently started a new band called Open City with fellow Paint It Black member Andy Nelson and Bridge & Tunnel guitarist Rachel Rubino in Philadelphia. They released their self-titled debut in January 2017.
Yemin grew up in Westfield, New Jersey.
After Kid Dynamite broke up in 2000, Yemin suffered a stroke. Rather than settling down after this event, he formed Paint It Black, whose first album was named CVA, an abbreviation for cerebrovascular accident, in reference to his illness.
- Lifetime 7" (New Age Records 1991)
- Ghost 12" (Break Even Point Records 1992)
- It's For Life compilation album (Consequence Records 1992)
- Background (New Age Records 1993)
- Tinnitus 7" (Glue Records 1994)
- The Boy's No Good 7" (Jade Tree Records 1996)
- Seven Inches (Glue Records/Day After Records 1994/Black Cat Records 1998)
- Hello Bastards (Jade Tree Records 1995)
- Jersey's Best Dancers (Jade Tree Records 1997)
- Somewhere In The Swamps Of Jersey compilation album (Jade Tree Records 2006)
- Two Songs 7" (Decaydance Records 2006)
- Lifetime (Decaydance Records 2007)
- Kid Dynamite (Jade Tree, 1998) - LP
- Shorter, Faster, Louder (Jade Tree, 2000) - LP
- Split w/ 88 Fingers Louie (Sub-City, 1999) - EP
- Cheap Shots, Youth Anthems (Jade Tree, 2003) - LP + DVD
- Four Years In One Gulp (Jade Tree, 2006) - DVD
Paint It Black
- Demo (2002)
- CVA (2003)
- Paradise (2005)
- New Lexicon (2008)
- "Goliath" 7" (2008, limited to 500, available only at New Lexicon release show)
- Amnesia 7" (2009)
- Surrender 7" (2009)
- Invisible 7" (2013)
- Armalite (2006)
- Humongous 7" (2011)
- Open City LP (2017)
- "Ressurection (sic) Myspace site with biography etc". Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- "Philly punks Paint It Black overcome a CVA and release CVA". Philadelphia City Paper, July 24–30, 2003. Archived from the original on 2008-12-02. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- The 2008 World's Sexiest Vegetarians Are… // Out There // peta2 Archived 2010-05-18 at WebCite
|This article about a rock musician from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|