|Hubs||Murtala Muhammed International Airport|
|Company slogan||The Smartest Way to Fly|
Following a fatal air crash in 2012 its licence was suspended. It was restored in September 2012 by the Nigeria's Civil Aviation Authority before the inquiry into the accident was concluded. In October 2013, the airline's licence was once again suspended. The airline was audited and resumed flights on 26 January 2014 with a single Boeing 737-500.
As of February 2017, Dana Air serves the following destinations:
- Abuja – Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport
- Accra – Kotoka International Airport
- Kaduna – Kaduna Airport
- Lagos – Murtala Muhammed International Airport base
- Port Harcourt - Port Harcourt International Airport
- Uyo - Akwa Ibom Airport
- Owerri - Sam Mbakwe Airport
As of August 2017, the Dana Air fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|McDonnell Douglas MD-82||1||—|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-83||5||—|
The airline previously operated the following aircraft:
Incidents and accidents
- On 3 June 2012, a Dana Air McDonnell Douglas MD-83 operating as Flight 992 crashed into a two-storey building at Iju Railway, Ishaga, a suburb of Lagos. All 153 people on the aircraft were killed. Following the crash, all flights by Dana Air were halted by Nigeria's Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) until further notice.
- Contact us, Dana Air, archived from the original on 13 July 2011, retrieved 4 June 2012
- Airliner World (March 2014): 15. Missing or empty
- "Nigerian plane crash airline's licence restored before inquiry concludes". guardian.co.uk. 9 September 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Aviation crisis: FG Suspends Dana Air licence again …24 hours After Grounding Associated Airline". gistanigeria.blogspot.com. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- flydanaair.com Archived 2012-06-05 at WebCite retrieved 15 February 2017
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 22.
- "Passenger plane crashes into building in Lagos". BBC News Online. 3 June 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Lagos plane crash: Nigeria suspends Dana Air licence". BBC News Online. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
Media related to Dana Air at Wikimedia Commons
|This article related to an airline based in Nigeria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|