in 2016 in Greece
|Known for||Architectural historian, educator|
|Movement||Middle Eastern architecture, urbanism|
Dana Rebecca Arnold is professor of architectural history and theory at the University of Middlesex, UK where she is currently director of the Centre for Ideas. From 1999 to 2012 she was professor in architectural history at the University of Southampton UK. Arnold was a guest professor at Tianjin University in China, and honorary professor at the Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey. She has published books, essays and articles on architecture, architectural history, imperialism and historiography. Arnold describes her research as a
renegotiation of the boundaries of architectural history; to critically engage with past and present histories and disclose latent assumptions about ‘east’ and ‘west’ through the biases and absences in the writing of architectural and cultural histories.
- A Short Book About Art, May 2015.
- The Spaces of the Hospital: Spatiality and Urban Change in London 1680-1820. Routledge, London, 2013.
- Rethinking Architectural Historiography, editors: Dana Arnold, Elvan Altan Ergot, Belgin Turan Ozkaya, Routledge, London, 2006
- Rural Urbanism: London landscapes in the early nineteenth century. Manchester University Press, 2006.
- Cultural identities and the aesthetics of Britishness, editor, Manchester University Press, 2004
- Tracing Architecture: The Aesthetics of Antiquarianism, Wiley & Sons Publishers, 2003
- Art History: A Very Short Introduction. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2004.
- Reading Architectural History. Routledge, London, 2002.
- Re-presenting the Metropolis: Architecture, Urban Experience and Social Life in London 1800-1840. Ashgate, Aldershot, 2000.
- The Georgian Country House: Architecture Landscape and Society. Sutton Publishing, Stroud, 1998.
- Smiles, ed., Sam; Moser, ed, Stephanie (2008). Envisioning the Past: Archaeology an the Image. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9781405137577. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Professor Dana Arnold (University of Middlesex), CRAASH Visiting Fellow, Lent 2013, "Ambivalent Geographies"". Centre for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- Arnold, Dana; Ergut, Elvan Altan; Ozkaya, Belgian Turan (2006). Rethinking Architectural Historiography. London: Rutledge. ISBN 9781134236299. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- Arnold, Dana (2004). Cultural identities and the aesthetics of Britishness. Manchester University Press.
- Arnold, Dana; Bending, Stephen (2003). Tracing Architecture: The Aesthetics of Antiquarianism. Wiley. ISBN 9781405105354. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- Arnold, Dana. "Art History: A Very Short Introduction". Oxford University Press. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Art History: A Very Short Introduction, video featuring the author". Oxford Academic Oxford University Press. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
|This article about a historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|