Dana DeArmond attending the AVN Awards on January 9, 2010
June 16, 1979
|Other names||Dana De Armond|
DeArmond grew up in Orlando, Florida. DeArmond had gained popularity before her porn career, as an internet personality with over 300,000 friends on Myspace. After meeting porn director Eon McKai on MySpace, she did her first scene for the film Neu Wave Hookers. She asserts on her MySpace profile that TheInternetsGirlfriend.com is her official website and that she is not affiliated with any other website. DeArmond is currently the host of a show titled Dirty/Nerdy on Vivid Radio for Sirius XM.
DeArmond has directed two documentary porn movies in which she helps young people whom she meets on the web break into the business, called Dana DeArmond Does the Internet and Dana DeArmond's Role Modeling. She has also guest lectured on the adult industry for classes at University of California, Irvine and University of California, Santa Barbara.
DeArmond was one of the models featured in Michael Grecco's photo book, Naked Ambition: An R Rated Look at an X Rated Industry and Dave Naz's book L.A. Bondage. After DeArmond's house and belongings were destroyed in a fire in January 2007, the adult industry participated in several fundraising activities to help replace what she lost. DeArmond co-hosted the 2010 Urban X Awards with porn actress Misty Stone.
On November 2007, DeArmond and her then-boyfriend, male performer Daniel, attended UC-Irvine as guest lecturers for its Sociology of Sexuality class. She got hooked up with the class through fellow performer Belladonna who lectured there previously. Following a lecture from Kassia Wosick-Correa, DeArmond spoke about her involvement in the adult film industry and the dynamics of her relationships. She also screened video clips and answered questions from the class.
In January 2014, DeArmond, Asa Akira, Chanel Preston, and Jessie Andrews were featured in a Cosmopolitan article titled "4 Porn Stars on How They Stay Fit". The article was inspired by actress Gabrielle Union's comment made on Conan O'Brien's talk show about striving to follow the fitness routines of the porn stars she saw at her gym.
DeArmond admits to having social anxiety, stating, "I made my life so I don’t have to come into contact with lots of people except for once or twice a year when I sign." She dealt with her social anxiety by spending a lot of time on MySpace and an "Indie Rock" chat room on AOL. Her hobbies include working out, hiking and biking. Her favorite male performers include James Deen, Mr. Pete, Toni Ribas, Mark Wood, Manuel Ferrara, John Strong (the Anchorman) and Tommy Pistol. DeArmond identifies as a feminist.
|2009||Urban X Award||Best Anal Sex Scene||Rico The Destroyer|
|2010||Juicy White Anal Booty 4|
|2012||AVN Award||Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene||Belladonna: Sexual Explorer|
|2016||AVN Hall of Fame inductee|
- Watson, Billy (July 23, 2009). "I Shoot Porn". I Shoot Porn. WordPress.com. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- "PDF" (PDF). XCritic. February 5, 2015.
- Sarah Schaschek (5 December 2013). Pornography and Seriality: The Culture of Producing Pleasure. Palgrave Macmillan. pp. 87–90. ISBN 978-1-137-35938-4. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Personal Bio Dana DeArmond". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2007-08-06.
- "Sleaze Interviews: Dana DeArmond". Bizarre. January 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-16.(subscription required)
- Thomas J Stanton (2006-12-15). "Vivid Alt to Release Dana DeArmond Does the Internet". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on 2015-12-16. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Julia Angwin (17 March 2009). Stealing MySpace: The Battle to Control the Most Popular Website in America. Random House Publishing Group. p. 185. ISBN 978-1-58836-769-3. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- Kobiata (2007-11-18). "Dana DeArmond: Life After The Fleshbot Curse..." (PDF). WordPress. Retrieved 2014-09-18.
- "HustlerWorld Interview: Dana DeArmond". HustlerWorld. 2006-05-26. Archived from the original on 2006-08-13.
- "Myspace". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- Andrew D. Luecke (2014-07-01). "Dana dearmond has 10 things to say to men". Esquire. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- "Dana DeArmond". AVN. 2007-12-14. Archived from the original on 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- Eddie Adams (2007-11-06). "Dana DeArmond to Guest Lecture at UC Irvine". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on December 10, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Violet Blue (2007-11-15). "One photographer's 'Naked Ambition'". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Peter Warren (2007-12-04). "Dave Naz to Sign 'L.A. Bondage' at Book Soup". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on February 5, 2008. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Anne Winter (2007-01-20). "Industry Comes to DeArmond's Aid". XBiz. Archived from the original on 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "Misty Stone, Dana DeArmond Tapped to Host Urban X Awards". Adult Video News. 2010-03-21. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- Cheryl Wischhover (Nov 6, 2007). "Dana DeArmond Invited to Speak at UC-Irvine". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- Cheryl Wischhover (2014-01-30). "4 Porn Stars on How They Stay Fit". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Staff (March 2014). "Cosmo turns to porn stars for fitness tips". Adult Video News. 30 (3): 26.
- "Day in the life of Dana Dearmond". Hustler Magazine. Archived from the original on 2010-10-18.
- Sarah Schaschek (5 December 2013). Pornography and Seriality: The Culture of Producing Pleasure. Palgrave Macmillan. pp. 105–106. ISBN 978-1-137-35938-4. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Dana Dearmond interview". Xcritic.com. Retrieved 2015-08-15.
- Tom Grundy (October 25, 2015). "HKFP Interview: Porn stars Dana DeArmond and London Keyes on the new links with HK fashion". Hong Kong Free Press. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- "2009 Award Winners". Urban X Awards. Archived from the original on July 26, 2009. Retrieved August 1, 2009.
- "Urban X Awards Reveals 2010 Winners". AVN. July 14, 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- "2012 AVN Awards Nominations Announced". AVN Awards. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 December 2011. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Class of 2016: The AVN Hall of Fame Inductees". AVN. December 18, 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dana DeArmond.|