Dana E. Glauberman
|Dana E. Glauberman|
|Born||Dana Elise Glauberman
December 11, 1968
Los Angeles County, California, United States
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Education||University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A. 1990)|
Dana Elise Glauberman (born December 11, 1968) is an American film editor.
Early life and education
Glauberman was born on December 11, 1968 in Los Angeles County, California. As a child, she enjoyed jigsaw puzzles. She attended the University of California, Santa Barbara originally interested in photography, but took a film production class which introduced her to film editing, a career she considers very similar to her childhood jigsaw puzzles. She graduated with a B.A. in film studies in December 1990.
Glauberman's first industry job was as a production assistant with Hearst Entertainment. She worked under Arthur Schmidt, Sheldon Kahn, and Wendy Greene-Bricmont, while gaining experience. She worked primarily in television throughout the 1990s, editing for Northern Exposure, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman and Love Boat: The Next Wave.
While assisting Sheldon Kahn with film projects by Ivan Reitman, Glauberman was in the right place at the right time and became acquainted with Jason Reitman, Ivan's son. Jason Reitman subsequently asked her to edit his first feature film, Thank You for Smoking, after Glauberman had helped him previously. Thank You for Smoking' was very well received, and Glauberman's editing was nominated for an American Cinema Editors Eddie Award. She was nominated for this award again through her work on Reitman's next film, Juno.
Honors and awards
In addition to her Eddie Award nominations, Glauberman has won two awards: the 2009 Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards' Editor of the Year for Up in the Air and the 2009 Hollywood Film Festival's Hollywood Editor Award.
Filmography as editor
The director of each film is indicated in parentheses. The filmography is based on the Internet Movie Database.
- No Strings Attached (I. Reitman-2011)
- Love Happens (Camp-2009)
- Up in the Air (J. Reitman-2009)
- Juno (J. Reitman-2007)
- Factory Girl (Hickenlooper-2006)
- Thank You for Smoking (J. Reitman-2005)
- Heart of the Beholder (Tipton-2005)
- Rain (Wilson-2001)
- A Song for Jade (Himes-2001)
- "California Births, 1905 - 1995". Family Tree Legends Records Collection.
- Almo, Laura (November–December 2009). "Making the Right Connections: Dana Glauberman Flies Solo as an Editor". EDITORS GUILD MAGAZINE. Motion Picture Editors Guild. 30 (6). Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Skweres, Mary Ann (November 18, 2009). "Contender – Editing – Dana E. Glauberman – Up in the Air". http://www.btlnews.com. Retrieved March 16, 2015. External link in
- Jundi, Nancy (March 2008). "What JUNO about Dana E. Glauberman?". CINEMAEDITOR. American Cinema Editors. 58 (1): 38.
- "Dana E. Glauberman IMDB profile". http://www.imdb.com. Retrieved March 16, 2015. External link in
- Vanairsdale, S.T. (November 4, 2009). "Meet Dana E. Glauberman, Jason Reitman's Editor Extraordinaire". http://movieline.com. Movieline. Retrieved March 16, 2015. External link in
- Jundi, Nancy (March 2010). "Literally... UP IN THE AIR with Dana E. Glauberman, A.C.E". CINEMAEDITOR. American Cinema Editors. 60 (1): 43.
- "American Cinema Editors - ACE Eddie Awards". http://www.ace-filmeditors.org. American Cinema Editors. Archived from the original on January 18, 2010. Retrieved March 16, 2015. External link in
- Abramovitch, Seth (November 9, 2009). "The Movieline/Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards: A Night for Appreciation". http://movieline.com. Movieline. Retrieved March 16, 2015. External link in
- "HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES WINNERS". http://www.hollywoodawards.com. Hollywood Film Festival. October 27, 2009. Retrieved March 16, 2015. External link in
- "ACE Member Directory". http://americancinemaeditors.org. American Cinema Editors. Retrieved March 16, 2015. External link in
- "About Filmmakers". http://www.menwomenchildrenmovie.com. Retrieved March 16, 2015. External link in