Frankfort received her MFA in 1997 from Yale School of Art, New Haven. She also attended Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture in 1997. Frankfort was a Core Fellow at the Glassell School of Art at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston in 1999. She received a Guggenheim Fellowship in 2006.
She has shown work internationally in exhibitions including What’s So Funny at Brooklyn Fireproof and The Triumph of Painting at the Saatchi Gallery in London. She was represented by Bellwether Gallery in New York and Kantor/Feuer (now defunct) in Los Angeles.
Frankfort is represented by Inman Gallery in Houston, TX.
- Britt, Douglas (March 3, 2010), "Artist Dana Frankfort takes a COLORFUL approach", Houston Chronicle.
- McQuaid, Cate (February 2, 2011), "Playful and unfettered, words transcend meaning", Boston Globe.
- Faculty profile, Boston University, retrieved 2013-05-19.
- Smith, Roberta (June 24, 2005), "Art in Review: Dana Frankfort -- What's So Funny", New York Times.
- Smith, Roberta (September 14, 2007), "Art in Review: Dana Frankfort", New York Times.
- Dana Frankfort– Bellwether Gallery
- Dana Frankfort – Painting – Saatchi Gallery
- Official Website of Dana Frankfort
- Dana Frankfort – Inman Gallery
|This article about a painter from the United States born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|