Danapur railway division
|Locale||Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Dates of operation||1925–present|
|Predecessor||East Indian Railway Company (1925-52)|
Eastern Railway zone (1952-02)
|Successor||East Central Railway zone (2002-present)|
|Length||752 kilometres (467 mi)|
Danapur railway division is one of the five divisions of East Central Railway (ECR), a zone of the Indian Railways located at Danapur in Patna district of Bihar state in eastern India. The other railway divisions are Sonpur, Samastipur, Mughalsarai and Dhanbad. The revenue of division in 2014-15 fiscal was ₹900 crore (US$130 million).
It was formed as one of the six divisions in East Indian Railway Company on 1 January 1925 with Howrah, Asansol, Danapur, Allahabad, Lucknow and Moradabad. The Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 and Danapur division came under the control of Eastern Railway. After the formation of East Central Railway zone, the division was integrated into it on 1 October 2002.
It has about 752 kilometres (467 mi) of route length in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. The division includes twelve districts of the state of Bihar which are Buxar, Bhojpur, Patna, Luckeesarai, Jamui, Nawadah, Sheikhpura, Jehanabad, Barh, Nalanda and two districts of Uttar Pradesh which are Ghazipur and Chandauli. Presently the Danapur division’s jurisdiction includes following sections:
- Jhajha to Kuchman
- Patna to Gaya (excluding)
- Kiul to Gaya (excluding)
- Dildarnagar to Tarighat
- Bakhtiyarpur to Rajgir
- Mokama to Simaria (excluding)
- Patna Sahib to Patna Ghat
- Patna to Digha Ghat
- Bihar Sharif to Daniyawan
- Mokama to Mokama Ghat (but not in operation now).
|1||Jhajha-Patna (Main Line)||177.12|
|2||Patna-Mughalsarai (Main Line)||211.80|
|9||Patna Sahib-Patna Ghat||0.87|
Stations under Division
|Category of station||No. of stations||Names of stations|
|A Category||9||Buxar, Ara, Danapur, Rajendra Nagar Terminal, Bakhtiyarpur, Mokama, Jamui, Kiul & Patna Sahib.|
|B Category||9||Dildarnager, Dumraon, Barh, Hathidah, Harnaut, Lakhisarai,Jhajha,Bihar sharif, Rajgir.|
|D Category||18||Bihiya, Bihta, Fatuha, Gulzarbagh , Jehanabad, Nawadah, Sheikhpura, Zamania, Barahiya, Islampur, Ekangarsarai, Gidhaur, Jehanabad Court, Khusropur, Manapur, Raghunathpur, Taregna & Warisaliganj .|
|E Category||54||Athmalgola, Banahi, Bakaghat, Bansipur, Baruna, Bela, Bhadaura, Chakand, Chusa, Dheena, Gahmar, Hilsa, Karauta, Karisath, Kashi chak, Kuchman, Kulharia, Makhdumpur, Mankatha, More, Nadaul, Nalanda, Neora, Parsa Bazar, Phulwari Sharif, Pothi, Punarakh, Punpun, Rajendrapul, Rampurdumpra, Sakaldiha, Sirari, Tarighat, Tehta, Tilaiya, Twiningganj, Wazirganj, WENA, Baghi bardiha, Daniyawan, Garsanda, Hardashbigha, Jamuawan, Karjara, Koilwar, Sadisopur, Salimpurbihar, SILO, Tekabigha, Tulsi Ashram, Nateshar, Jethian and Oro.|
- Rest are not in operation.
- "CM Manjhi launches Swachh Bharat drive in Bihar". The Hindu. 2 October 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "4 more escalators at Patna railway station by month-end". The Times of India. 21 March 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Salient features of Danapur Division". East Central Railways. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Danapur — background". East Central Railway. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- AMIT BHELARI (11 August 2014). "Free Wi-Fi awaits passengers on station premises". The Telegraph. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Categorization of stations (BASED ON EARNINGS):". ecr.indianrailways.gov.in. Retrieved 15 February 2015.