Danapur railway station
|Indian Railway Junction Station|
|Location||Khagaul, Danapur Patna, Bihar|
|Elevation||58 metres (190 ft)|
|Owned by||East Central Railway of the Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Indian Railways|
|Line(s)||Howrah-Delhi main line|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway|
|Electrified||25 kV 50 Hz AC OHLE in 2003|
|Previous names||East Indian Railway|
|Passengers||150,000 per day|
Danapur Station, station code DNR, is a railway station and headquarters of Danapur railway division of East Central Railway. Danapur is connected to metropolitan areas of India, by the Delhi-Kolkata Main Line via Mughalsarai-Patna route. Danapur is located in Danapur city in Patna district in the
Indian state of Bihar. Due to its location on the Howrah-Patna-Mughalsarai main line many Patna, Barauni bound express trains coming from Howrah, Sealdah stop here. Another line branches from here and joins Patna Sonepur line at Patliputra Junction railway station.
There are refreshment rooms vegetarian and non-vegetarian, tea stall, book stall, post and telegraphic office and Government Railway police (G.R.P) office.
Danapur Railway Station was electrified in 1999–2002.
Sector-wise electrification was as follows: Fatuha-Danapur 1999–2000, Danapur-Dildarnagar 2001–2002
The major facilities available are waiting room, free wifi from Railwire, computerized reservation facility and vehicle parking. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. The station also has STD/ISD/PCO telephone booth, toilets, tea stall and book stall. The Danapur station was given a new look in 2012.
There are 5 platforms at Danapur. The platforms are interconnected with three foot over bridge (FOB).
According to sources, the railways is also building a new platform close to platform number 1 at the Danapur station for arrival and departure of passenger trains either originating from or going towards the Patliputra Junction.The new platform will have provisions to accommodate passenger trains with a load combination of 24 coaches. Although a spacious area has been earmarked for parking vehicles and auto rickshaws in the circulating area of the new station building, the railways is yet to complete the circulating area.
The railways has also decided to build a refreshment room and two retiring rooms at the Danapur station for passengers’ conveniences.
Trains that Origin from Danapur Station are :
- Danapur - Secunderabad SF Express
- Bhagalpur–Danapur Intercity Express
- Sahibganj–Danapur Intercity Express
- Udhna - Danapur Bi-Weekly Express
- Danapur - Pune Superfast Express
- Danapur - Rajgir Rajgriha Express
- Danapur - Tatanagar Super Express
The nearest airports to Danapur Station are
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 4 kilometres (2.5 mi)
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 230 kilometres (140 mi)
- Gaya Airport 104 kilometres (65 mi)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata 600 kilometres (370 mi)
- Patna Junction railway station
- Patliputra Junction railway station
- Phulwari Sharif railway station
- Rajendra Nagar Terminal railway station
- Bettiah railway station
- "Railwire wifi stations project | free wi-fi". www.railwire.co.in. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "BJP MP aghast at condition of Danapur station". The Times of India. 30 May 2011. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Wonderful Masterpiece created on the walls of Danapur Railway Station by the Artists of Walk for Bihar is getting viral on the social media". Winner Hands. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "ECR's Danapur division makes record earning". The Times of India. 13 April 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "One more platform at Danapur station soon - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "12304 Poorva Express (via Howrah)". India Rail Info.
- "Danapur Station Details". indiantrains.org. Archived from the original on 13 March 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Trains at Danapur Station". India Rail Info. Archived from the original on 23 March 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- Jain, Rahul Kr. "Danapur Station - 112 Train Departures ECR/East Central Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- Skumar. "12296/Sanghamitra Express (PT) - Danapur to Bangalore SWR/South Western Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- SINGH, ANIL. "13257/Danapur - Anand Vihar Terminal JanSadharan Express (UnReserved) - Danapur to Anand Vihar Terminal ECR/East Central Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- Kumar, Vikas. "12792/Danapur - Secunderabad SF Express (PT) - Danapur to Secunderabad SCR/South Central Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- SINGH, ANIL. "19064/Danapur - Udhna Bi Weekly Express - Danapur to Surat WR/Western Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- Ahmad, F. "12150/Danapur - Pune SF Express (PT) - Danapur to Pune CR/Central Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.