Danbury Ice Arena
|Location||One Independence Way
|Danbury Thrashers (UHL) (2004–06)
New England Stars (NEHL) (2006–07)
Danbury Mad Hatters (EPHL) (2008–09)
Danbury Whalers (FHL) (2010–15)
Danbury Titans (FHL) (2015–present)
The Danbury Arena was the former home of the Danbury Trashers of the United Hockey League from 2004 to 2006, and the New England Stars of the North Eastern Hockey League in 2006–07. In 2008, the Danbury Mad Hatters of the Eastern Professional Hockey League signed a lease with the Arena and played one season before the league folded.
On December 27, 2009, the newly formed Federal Hockey League announced that the Danbury Arena would be home to the Danbury Whalers. On April 3, 2015, the Danbury Ice Arena did not want to renew their contract with the Danbury Whalers and gave them a notice to evict by April 17, leaving the last remaining team from the inaugural FHL season homeless. After initially announcing the Stateline Whalers to begin playing in nearby Brewster, New York, the Whalers organization was dissolved and a new group started the Danbury Titans in the FHL to play the 2015–16 season.
- Danbury ripe for baseball, says team owner
- "Brian Koonz: Danbury Arena owners should give Division I college hockey a try". CT Post. April 25, 2015.
- "Danbury Arena - Home of the Danbury Whalers". Roaming the Rinks. October 18, 2014.
- "The Danbury team will play 25 home games at Danbury Arena as part of the 2008-09 Eastern Professional Hockey League regular season which begins Saturday, November 1, 2008." as seen on 2008-06-15 at "Mad Hatters Hockey > Home". Archived from the original on 2008-03-29. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- Federal Hockey League Announces first team, Danbury Whalers, http://danburywhalers.com/news2.php?lang=1&team_id=138884
- "Arena ends agreement in evicting Danbury Whalers". The News-Times. April 8, 2015.
|This article about a sports venue in Connecticut is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|