|Jim Estill (President and CEO)|
Danby is the name of a line of appliances marketed by Danby Appliances Inc., led by owner and CEO, Jim Estill. The company claimed the largest market share in the compact appliance category in North America (in 2012). It is a privately held Canadian company headquartered on the outskirts of Guelph, Ontario. The company has additional locations in Findlay, Ohio, Tolleson, Arizona, Sarland, Alabama and Foxboro, Massachusetts as well as a location in Guangzhou, China. Danby only manufactures some products. It is affiliated with manufacturers in China, Mexico, and the United States. Although this is a closely held company, annual sales are estimated at about 400 million dollars through the sale of compact and specialty appliances such as microwaves, compact refrigerators, wine coolers, ranges, washing machines, air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
The family-owned company first began business in Montreal, Quebec in 1947. Their first products were hot plates and slow cookers. Danby also marketed an early form of a portable air conditioner. Current products are marketed under brand names such as Danby, Danby Designer, Danby Diplomat, Danby Premiere, MicroFridge, Simplicity, Arcticaire, and Silhouette, as well as some private brands like Sunbeam for major retail stores.
In November 2015, the company opened a factory outlet store on their head office premises, to be open six days a week (except on statutory holidays). Their web site, indicates that customers have access to the ″latest line-up to older generations of our household appliances - microwaves, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, wine coolers, chest freezers, air conditioners, etc.″, as well as a new line, the premium-grade BergHOFF branded kitchenware and tableware. A Belgian company, BergHOFF's products, are sold in over 60 countries.
Danby Products Ltd. is the Canadian BergHOFF distributor, in addition to selling the products in its outlet store, as confirmed by an October 30, 2015 press release issued by BergHOFF International's VP of Canadian Sales.
- "What's New at Danby". Danby Products Ltd. 2015. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Known as "compact kings," Canada's Danby Products specializes in making small appliances". thestar.com. 5 October 2012.
- Lu, Vanessa. "Known as "compact kings," Canada's Danby Products specializes in making small appliances". The Star. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Jim Estill Appointed as President and CEO of Danby".
- "Jim Estill has a new CEO position". Computer Dealer News.
- "Jim Estill has a new CEO position". ComputerDealerNews. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Danby Products Limited". manta. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "About Danby".
- "Find Danby Appliances at Everrett". judd & black. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "MicroFridge® with Safe Plug®". microfridge.com.
- "Wine Cellars & Built-In Refrigeration - Silhouette Appliances". Silhouette Appliances.
- "What's New at Danby". Danby Products Ltd. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "BergHOFF – Yes, you're right". BergHOFF Worldwide. BergHOFF Worldwide. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Danby Products Ltd. now agent and distributor of BergHOFF Housewares Products in Canada". Linkedin Pulse. Linkedin. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "James Estill, Danby Products Ltd: Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". Bloomberg.