This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dance research as an academic discipline is relatively new. In 1967, the first volume of the CORD dance research annual wrote: "...One of the most serious problems in dance research is found in the fact that the literati in the field are not yet the university people".
Dance science is the scientific study of dance and dancers, as well as the practical application of scientific principles to dance, similar to sports science. Its aims are the enhancement of performance, the reduction of injury, and the improvement of well-being and health.
- Congress on Research in Dance (founded in 1965 as a Committee on Research in Dance)
- Society for Ethnomusicology
- Society of Dance History Scholars
- Cross-Cultural Dance Resources
- "CORD dance research annual". Committee on Research in Dance. 1967. Retrieved 2010-06-27.
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|