|Studio album by Paul Jabara|
|Label||Casablanca NBLP 7102|
|Paul Jabara chronology|
The album which was released on Casablanca Records in 1978 includes Jabara's song "Trapped in a Stairway" from the movie Thank God It's Friday, his own version of the Grammy Award winning "Last Dance" (originally recorded by Donna Summer) as well as the duets "Something's Missing" (with Summer) and "Take Good Care of My Baby / What's a Girl to Do" (with Pattie Brooks). The lead single from the album was "Dancin' (Lift Your Spirits Higher)". Betty Lederer from Billboard, elected "Pleasure Island" as the best cut of the album, the magazine also choose the album as the best Disco album of the week, giving it a favorable review. The album peaked at #27 in the National Disco Action Top 40.
Keeping Time was released on CD by Gold Legion in 2011.
- Side one
- "Didn't the Time Go Fast" - 4:17
- "Saturday Matinee" - 3:24
- "Trapped in a Stairway" (from the Original Soundtrack Album Thank God It's Friday) - 3:13
- "Take Good Care of My Baby / What's a Girl to Do" (duet with Pattie Brooks) - 4:47
- "Dancin' (Lift Your Spirits Higher)" - 3:39
- Side two
- Paul Jabara - vocals
- Jay Graydon, Steve Lukather, Ira Newborn, Thom Rotella, Ben Benay - guitar
- David Hungate, Chuck Rainey, Bob Glaub - bass
- David Foster, Richard Tee, Jai Winding, Bob Esty, William Smith, Bill Payne - keyboards
- Richard Schlosser, Mike Baird, Ed Greene - drums
- Alan Estes, Victor Feldman, Tommy Vig - percussion
- Jerry Jumonville - saxophone on "Trapped on a Stairway"
- Bernie Fleischer, Jack Nimitz, Jon Kip - flutes on "Pleasure Island"
- Bob Esty, Carlene Williams, Mary Ellen Gaines, Becky Lopez, Dani MiCormick, Patti Brooks, Petsye Powell, Carole Bayer Sager, Michele Aller, Brenda Russell - background vocals
- Hold on... For Dear Life!. New York Media, LLC. 9 October 1978. pp. 32–. ISSN 0028-7369.
- Lederer, Barry (12 August 1978). Billboard - Disco Mix. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 78–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Billboard's Top Album Peaks. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 19 August 1978. pp. 69–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Billboard - National Disco Action Top 40. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 9 September 1978. pp. 41–. ISSN 0006-2510.
|This 1970s album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|