Dancin' on the Edge
|Dancin' on the Edge|
|Studio album by|
|Released||28 May 1984|
|Recorded||The Power Station , New York City,|
The Warehouse and Studio 4, Philadelphia
|Genre||Glam metal, heavy metal|
|Lita Ford chronology|
|Singles from Dancin on the Edge|
|The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||6/10|
Dancin' on the Edge is second solo album by Lita Ford. It is also her last release with Mercury Records before she left to sign with RCA Records. This album featured Ford's new back up band made up of drummer Randy Castillo (who later played for Ozzy Osbourne and Mötley Crüe), Aldo Nova on keyboards and featured the bassist Hugh McDonald, who is currently the bassist for Bon Jovi. Dancin' on the Edge surpassed the success of her debut Out For Blood in both sales and airplay.
Her videos for the singles, "Gotta Let Go" (co-written by Jeff Paris, credited under his real name Geoffrey Leib) and "Dressed to Kill" were also featured in heavy rotation on MTV. The latter video featured a cameo by Ford's then fiancee, Tony Iommi. Ford did heavy touring in support of the album for most of 1984 culminating in a pre- Headbanger's Ball concert special for MTV. The album reached No. 66 of the US Billboard 200 chart. The album resulted in Ford's first nomination for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance at the Grammy Awards in 1985.
All songs were written by Lita Ford, except where noted.
- Side one
- "Gotta Let Go" (Ford, Geoffrey Leib) – 4:39
- "Dancin' on the Edge" – 5:00
- "Dressed to Kill" – 3:44
- "Hit 'n Run" (Leib, Moon Calhoun) – 3:54
- Side two
- "Lady Killer" – 3:41
- "Still Waitin'" – 4:20
- "Fire in My Heart" – 3:46
- "Don't Let Me Down Tonight" – 4:42
- "Run with the $" – 4:21
- Band members
- Additional musicians
- Lance Quinn - producer
- Larry Alexander - engineer, mixing
- Malcolm Pollack, Obie O'Brien, Phil Nicole, Gary King - engineers
- Bob Ludwig - mastering at Masterdisk, New York
- Barry Levine - photography
- Huey, Steve. "Lita Ford Dancin' on the Edge review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 125. ISBN 978-1894959315.
- "Dancin' on the Edge Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Hilburn, Robert (February 23, 1985). "Here's one critic's picks for Grammys". Ottawa Citizen. Canwest. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- "Artist Chart History – Lita Ford". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "The Official Charts Company - Gotta Let Go by Lita Ford Search". The Official Charts Company. 17 July 2014.[permanent dead link]