Dancin', Shaggin' on the Boulevard
|"Dancin', Shaggin' on the Boulevard"|
|Single by Alabama|
|from the album Dancin' on the Boulevard|
|B-side||"Very Special Love"|
|Released||June 23, 1997|
The Soundshop Studio "A," Nashville, Tennessee
|Length||4:43 (album version)|
|Songwriter(s)||Greg Fowler, Teddy Gentry and Randy Owen|
|Alabama singles chronology|
"Dancin', Shaggin' on the Boulevard" is a song written by Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry and Greg Fowler, and recorded by American country music band Alabama. It was released in June 1997 as the second single from the album, Dancin' on the Boulevard. The song peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard magazine Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in September 1997.
The song is one of several in Alabama's catalog paying tribute to their musical heritage. Here, the band reflects on their days of playing in the clubs of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that the lyrics "offer a wonderful stroll down memory lane for the members of Alabama." She says that even listeners who are unfamiliar with the band's history will "absolutely love the light and summery feel of the song." The production is described as "skilled" and "prominently marked" and she goes on to say that Owen's "warm and wonderful performance, this single could easily kick off a new dance craze."
"Dancin', Shaggin' on the Boulevard" debuted at number 61 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of June 28, 1997.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||4|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||67|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||45|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 20. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, July 5, 1997
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3319." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 8, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Alabama – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alabama.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1997". RPM. December 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Best of 1997: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- Himes, Geoffery, Alabama entry in "The Encyclopedia of Country Music: The Ultimate Guide to the Music." Country Music Foundation, Oxford Press, New York, 1998. ISBN 0-19-511671-2
- Allmusic — Dancin', Shaggin' on the Boulevard by Alabama.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|