|Compilation album by Elisa|
|Released||July 15, 2008 (US)
August 25, 2008 (Canada)
|Label||Sugar, Universal Records|
|Producer||Elisa, Glen Ballard, Corrado Rustici|
Dancing is a compilation album by Italian singer Elisa that was released on July 15, 2008 in CD format in the United States and Canada. A digital version on iTunes was released on June 17, 2008 in the United States and on August 25, 2008 in Canada.
The album, released as part of an effort to introduce Elisa to North American audiences, is a compilation of recordings (some remixed) from previously released albums dating back to 2000.
Released of the full album was preceded by the released of an EP featuring the song "Dancing" which was released in December 2007. Beside the title track, the EP includes "Rock Your Soul" (also included on the Dancing album), along with a live version of '"Dancing'" recorded at the iTunes Festival in London.
The songs on the album were chosen by Elisa and are culled from most of her albums, with the exception of her first, Pipes & Flowers.
There is only one song from her second album Asile's World (2000): "A Little Over Zero." However this is a remixed version of the original.
The songs from Pearl Days (2004) are: "The Waves", "City Lights" and "Life Goes On".
Three additional tracks (sources unknown) are included as bonus tracks on the Canadian CD issue: "Stay", "Una Poesia Anche Per Te" (Italian version of "Life Goes On") and "Qualcosa che non c'è". Another track, "Wild Horses", was available only in the US through iTunes.
To support the album, Elisa toured the United States and Canada between October 29 and November 24, 2008.
|This section needs expansion with: songwriters. You can help by adding to it. (September 2010)|
|5.||"A Little Over Zero"||5:30|
|8.||"Rock Your Soul"||5:01|
|9.||"Life Goes On"||5:15|
|12.||"Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen's cover)||7:26|
|US iTunes Bonus Tracks|
|14.||"Wild Horses" (Rolling Stones's cover)||5:40|
|Canadian Bonus Tracks|
|16.||"Una Poesia Anche Per Te"||5:14|
|17.||"Qualcosa Che Non C'è"||3:59|
|United States||July 15, 2008||Universal/Sugar||CD, Digital download|
|Canada||August 25, 2008||Universal/Sugar||CD, Digital download|
|UK||December 18, 2008||Universal/Sugar||Digital download|
- Andrea Fontana - Arranger, Drums, Percussion
- Andrew Duckles - Viola
- Benmont Tench - Chamberlin, Organ, Piano
- Christian Rigano - Arranger, Organ (Hammond), Piano
- Corrado Rustici - Arranger, Editing, Guitar, Keyboards, Producer, Programming, Treatments
- David Frazer - Mixing
- Donald Ferrone - Bass
- Emanuele Donnini - Mixing
- Enrique Gonzalez Müller - Assistant, Cuatro
- Glen Ballard - Guitar, Keyboards, Producer
- Guido Andreani - Arranger, Engineer
- Jimmy Johnson - Bass
- John Cuniberti - Mastering
- Josephina Vergara - Violin
- Kevin Mills - Assistant Engineer
- Lance Morrison - Bass
- Mark Valentine - Assistant Engineer
- Matt Chamberlain - Drums, Percussion
- Matt Read - Artwork
- Maurice Grants - Celli
- Max Gelsi - Arranger, Bass (Electric)
- Michael Landau - Guitar
- Michele Richards - Violin
- Pasquale Minieri - Arranger, Mixing, Producer
- Paula Hochhalter - Celli
- Randy Kerber - Keyboards, Piano
- Scott Campbell - Engineer
- Sean Hurley - Bass
- Stephen Marcussen - Mastering
- Stewart Whitmore - Digital Editing
- Suzie Katayama - String Arrangements, String Conductor
- Tim Pierce - Guitar
- Turtle Island String Quartet - Strings
- Veronique Vial - Photography
- William Malina - Engineer, Mixing