Dancing Queen (album)
|Studio album by Cher|
|Released||September 28, 2018|
|Singles from Dancing Queen|
Dancing Queen is the upcoming twenty-sixth studio album by American singer and actress Cher, set to be released by Warner Bros. Records on September 28, 2018. It is Cher's first album in five years, following Closer to the Truth (2013). The album contains cover versions of songs recorded by Swedish pop group ABBA, with the title referencing their 1976 song "Dancing Queen". The album follows Cher's appearance in the 2018 musical film Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, based on the music of ABBA.
While recording, Cher kept hinting on her Twitter account that she might be releasing an ABBA cover album. On July 16, 2018, it was officially revealed in an interview with The Today Show, that the album will indeed consist of ABBA covers. She further stated:
"After filming Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, I was reminded again of what great and timeless songs they wrote and started thinking, 'Why not do an album of their music?' The songs were harder to sing than I imagined but I'm so happy with how the music came out. I'm really excited for people to hear it. It's a perfect time." -Cher
Cher also said that "[she has] always liked ABBA and saw the original Mamma Mia! musical on Broadway three times".
In addition to that, Cher was asked about what people can expect from the album. She replied with saying that "It's not what you think of when you think 'ABBA,' because [she] did it in a different way."
On August 9, 2018, it was announced that the album is set for release on September 28, 2018. 
On August 8, 2018, Cher released a teaser of the album's first single "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)" on her Twitter account. The song was digitally released on the following day. People who pre-order the album on iTunes immediately receive a digital copy of the single. Cher mentioned on her twitter that at least 2 more singles would be released.
Here We Go Again Tour
An Australia and New Zealand-only tour, titled the Here We Go Again Tour, in support of Dancing Queen, is set to launch on September 21, 2018, in Auckland, New Zealand. It was officially announced on May 7, 2018.
|2.||"Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)"||Mark Taylor||4:11|
|3.||"The Name of the Game"|
|9.||"The Winner Takes It All"|
|10.||"One of Us"|
- Tornow, Sam (August 9, 2018). "Cher Announces 'Dancing Queen' Album Release Date". Billboard. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- "Cher to Release New Album, 'Dancing Queen,' Next Month". Variety. August 9, 2018. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- "Cher to Release ABBA Cover Album in September". E! Online. 9 August 2018.
- "Cher just released a teaser of her ABBA album, and it's amazing".
- "Cher Announces 'Dancing Queen' Album Release Date". Billboard.
- "Cher coming to NZ for one-off concert in September". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved July 21, 2018.
- "Cher is bringing her arena tour to Sydney". Timeout.com. Retrieved July 21, 2018.