Dancing Turtle Records
|Dancing Turtle Records|
|Genre||Alternative, experimental, indie, folk, electronica, world|
|Country of origin||UK|
Dancing Turtle Records is a London-based independent record label set up in 2005. Their releases have a strong leaning towards the genres of indie folk, electronica, experimental, downtempo and world music.
The label has developed and released music from a number of artists from Europe, and as far afield as Japan, West Papua and Brazil, under the banner "music acts without prejudice". The label has raised funds and awareness for human rights charities and other causes.
Amycanbe - Italian indie-folk group
Burn Paper Tigers - British experimental lo-fi folk group
Daisuke Tanabe - Japanese electronica producer
Head and Neck Sessions - UK leftfield jazz & electronica group
Inkliing - British experimental electronica producer
Laura Baker - Irish folk singer
Paradise Found - British folk and electronica collective
The Lani Singers - West Papuan folk duo and political activists
 Yellowtail - New York based electronica artist
The label have held artist showcase events in London at venues including the famous 12 Bar Club and Notting Hill Arts Club, featuring a range of musicians from the label. They have also organised fundraising music events for the Free West Papua Campaign, featuring live acts and DJs. These nights are named after the Malay word merdeka (freedom).
- "Discogs music database". Discogs. 2006-05-12. Retrieved 2009-01-18.
- "Label history". Dancing Turtle. 2005-05-12. Retrieved 2009-01-18.
- "Green Left Weekly". Green Left Weekly. 12 May 2005. Archived from the original on 9 November 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-18.
- "MySpace". MySpace. 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2009-01-18.
- "Artists listed at Allrecordlabels.com". Allrecordlabels.com. 2005-04-12. Retrieved 2009-01-18.