Dancing with Strangers
|Dancing With Strangers|
|Studio album by|
|Chris Rea chronology|
|Singles from Dancing with Strangers|
Dancing with Strangers is the ninth studio album by British singer-songwriter Chris Rea, released in 1987. It became Rea's first major success in UK, peaking at #2, behind Michael Jackson's Bad, and spent 46 weeks in the charts, achieving Platinum accreditation. It reached the Top 10 in six other European countries, while in New Zealand it became a number one album.
"Let's Dance" was released as the first single and, like the album, became a major hit for Rea in UK, peaking at #12. In tone with the success of the album, "Let's Dance" became a major hit in New Zealand as well, peaking at #2. The other singles released from this album were "Loving You Again" (UK #47), "Joys of Christmas" (UK #67) and "Que Sera" (UK #73).
All songs by Chris Rea.
- "Joys of Christmas" - 5:15
- "I Can't Dance to That" - 4:19
- "Windy Town" - 4:25
- "Gonna Buy a Hat" - 4:25
- "Curse of the Traveller" - 6:26
- "Let's Dance" - 4:07
- "Que Sera" - 5:23
- "Josie's Tune" - 2:19
- "Loving You Again" - 5:40
- "That Girl of Mine" - 3:41
- "September Blue" - 3:09
- "I Don't Care Any More" - 2:10
- "Donahue's Broken Wheel" - 3:02
- "Danielle's Breakfast" - 4:33
Tracks 12, 13, 14 are bonus tracks not available on the initial LP release.
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Platinum||300,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Chris Rea - vocals, guitar, keyboards, slide guitar, synthesizer, accordion, mixing, producer
- Robert Ahwai - guitar
- Jerry Donahue - guitar
- Davy Spillane - guitar, Uilleann pipes
- Eoghan O'Neill - bass
- Kevin Leach - piano, keyboards
- Max Middleton - keyboards
- Martin Ditcham - percussion, drums
- Dave Mattacks - drums
- Adrian Rea – drums
- Stuart Ealses - engineer
- Jean Jacques Lemoine - engineer
- Justin Shirley-Smith - engineer
- Jon Kelly - mixing
- Willie Grimston - coordination
- Mark Entwistle - cover illustration
- 1987-09-26 Top 40 Official UK Albums Archive, officialcharts.com, Retrieved July 9, 2013
- Chris Rea - Dancing With Strangers, swisscharts.com, Retrieved July 9, 2013
- Chris Rea - Let's Dance, swisscharts.com, Retrieved July 9, 2013
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2014-04-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Chris Rea; 'Dancing with Strangers')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "British album certifications – Chris Rea – Dancing with Strangers". British Phonographic Industry. Select albums in the Format field. Select Platinum in the Certification field. Type Dancing with Strangers in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.