|Danderyd (Danderyds kommun)|
2006 wintertime view over Danderyd
|• Total||32.67 km2 (12.61 sq mi)|
|• Land||26.4 km2 (10.2 sq mi)|
|• Water||6.27 km2 (2.42 sq mi) 18.6%|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (December 31, 2016)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
|Density is calculated using land area only.|
Danderyd Municipality (Danderyds kommun) is a municipality just north of Stockholm in Stockholm County in east central Sweden. It is one of the smallest municipalities of Sweden, but the most affluent. Its seat is located in Djursholm.
The "old" rural municipality Danderyd was split up during the early 20th century, when Djursholm and Stocksund broke away in 1901 and 1910 respectively. Since 1971 Danderyd Municipality is reunified in approximately the old boundaries.
|District||Population (2006)" |
The population in Danderyd Municipality is among the most affluent in the country, having the highest average taxed income per capita. One of the reasons for this is the high price on real estate, which in turn is partially due to a restrictive policy on new developments by the municipality council.
The high income of the population has enabled the municipality to maintain a relatively low rate of taxation, but a government redistribution scheme intended to transfer money from municipalities with a better than average economic situation is one factor that has forced the local government to raise the municipal income tax somewhat in the last few years.[when?]
Danderyd is served by the Stockholm public transport system through SL. There are two stations on the Stockholm metro red line: Danderyds sjukhus and Mörby centrum. There are also several stops on the narrow gauge Roslagsbanan suburban railway as well as an extensive bus network.
- Ted Brithen (born 1990), ice hockey player
- Niklas Engberg (born 1995), ski legend
- Hanna Stjärne (born 1969), CEO, SVT
- Christian Lindberg (born 1958), musician and conductor
- Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland (born 1984), former model and reality television contestant, wife of Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland
- Prince Nicolas, Duke of Ångermanland (born 2015), son of Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland and Christopher O'Neill
- Prince Alexander, Duke of Södermanland (born 2016), son of Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland and Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland
- Helge von Koch (born 1870), mathematician and pioneer in fractals
- Irina Björklund (born 1973), finnish actress, born in Danderyd
- Tove Lo (born 1987) pop musician
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2016" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2017. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- "Statistics from Danderyd.se". Retrieved February 25, 2007.
- Danderyd Municipality - Official site