|— Alpine skier —|
|Disciplines||Umstead at the 2013 World Championships|
February 15, 1972|
Taos, New Mexico
She is part of the US Paralympics team. She competed at the women's slalom, giant slalom, downhill, Super-G and combined at the 2010 Winter Paralympics in Vancouver, with her husband Rob Umstead as her sighted guide. They took the bronze medal at the downhill and combined. She also competed in the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Sochi, winning a bronze medal in the super combined. She will compete in the 2018 Winter Paralympics in Pyeongchang the downhill, slalom, giant slalom, super-g, and the super combined.
She has a genetic eye condition called retinitis pigmentosa.
- Danelle Umstead's Blog - Meet Team Vision4Gold, U.S. Paralympic Team, August 10, 2009
- Team Vision4Gold in Vancouver, U.S. Paralympic Team, April 16, 2010
- "Danelle Umstead". Team USA. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- Goldstein, Micheline (September 12, 2018). "Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Revealed". ABC. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- Team Vision4Gold - Official website of Danelle and Rob Umstead
- Danelle Umstead - profile at the U.S. Paralympic Team
|This biographical article relating to alpine skiing in America is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Paralympic medalist of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|