Esgar in 2018.
|Member of the Colorado House of Representatives|
from the 46th district
|Assumed office |
January 7, 2015
|Preceded by||Leroy Garcia|
|Alma mater||Colorado State University–Pueblo|
Daneya Esgar is a Democratic member of the Colorado House of Representatives. She represents District 46, which covers a portion of Pueblo County. She was elected to her seat in 2014, succeeding Leroy Garcia.
Esgar is a lifelong Pueblo resident and an alumna of Colorado State University–Pueblo. Before taking office, she worked as a journalist and community organizer. She is openly lesbian and is a member of the Colorado House's LGBT Caucus.
Esgar is the House Majority Caucus Chair. She is also the chair of the Capital Development Committee, the vice chair of the House Health, Insurance, & Environment Committee, and a member of the House Agriculture, Livestock, and Natural Resources Committee and the House Transportation & Energy Committee.
- "Representative Daneya Esgar". Colorado Democratic Party. Retrieved July 10, 2017.
- "A Quick Look at Our Queer Caucus". Out Front. February 2, 2017. Retrieved July 10, 2017.
- "Meet Daneya". Committee to Elect Daneya Esgar. Retrieved July 10, 2017.
- "Representative Daneya Esgar". Colorado General Assembly. Retrieved July 10, 2017.
- "Daneya Esgar". Ballotpedia. Retrieved July 10, 2017.
|This article about a Colorado politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|