Danger Bay opening titles
Michele B. Chan
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||123 (list of episodes)|
|Editor(s)||Pia Di Ciaula, Stephen Lawrence|
|Location(s)||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Running time||30 min.|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original release||7 October 1985 – 5 March 1990|
Danger Bay is a Canadian television series, produced in Vancouver, with first-run episodes broadcast on CBC Television and The Disney Channel starting October 7, 1985. Reruns of the show continued on The Disney Channel until 1996. A total of 123 installments were filmed and ended in 1989. The series was perceived as wholesome, exciting fare for older children and adolescents, and continued to be seen through the 1990s in many countries worldwide.
The series followed the exploits of the Roberts family: marine veterinarian Grant "Doc" Roberts and his children, Nicole and Jonah. Nearly every 30-minute episode featured the Vancouver Aquarium. Most episodes focused on environmental issues such as pollution, wildlife endangerment, and forest preservation.
The series was also broadcast in Gibraltar (Danger Bay), Bulgaria (Опасният Залив), Ukraine (Затока Небезпеки), Poland (Niebezpieczna zatoka), Czechoslovakia (with Slovak dubbing - Nebezpečný záliv), Iceland (subtitled on state TV channel Sjónvarpið and named "Háskaslóðir"), Cuba (named Bahía Peligro), Trinidad & Tobago, Finland (subtitled and named "Vaarojen Lahti", Sweden (subtitled on state TV and named Äventyr i bukten), Germany, and the Netherlands (subtitled), Iran (گارد ساحلی), Iraq (ساحل المخاطر), in France (named Cap Danger) in South Africa (Danger Bay), and in Spain (named Bahía Peligrosa).
- Donnelly Rhodes as Dr. Grant "Doc" Roberts
- Susan Walden as J. L. Duval
- Christopher Crabb as Jonah Roberts
- Ocean Hellman as Nicole Roberts
- Hagan Beggs as Dr. George Dunbar
- Michele B. Chan as Dr. Donna Chen
- Deborah Wakeham as Joyce Carter
- The Disney Channel Magazine, October 1985.
- The Disney Channel Magazine, Vol. 14, no. 3, June/July 1996: p. 26.
- The Disney Channel Magazine, Vol. 14, no. 4, August/September 1996: p. 28.